Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My two cents  (Read 3597 times)

ssfsx17

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
My two cents
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:51 »

- W-Y troopers and synthetics to be fought against on the descent, instead of a bunch of aliens. While they are potentially much more lethal, they also drop weapons and ammo. Alternatively, there could be special W-Y rooms where they try to keep aliens in cages and also try to get you infested.

- Facehuggers, which come out of the eggs. They'd be weak enough that you could easily deal with them with any sidearm, but have enough speed and attack power to make you feel very afraid. If you are hit by one enough times then you could be marked as infested, making the W-Y folks very interested in you.

- As you approach the Queen's Lair, people stuck in pods who beg you to kill them. You can do so, or you can run away from them as fast as possible to save ammo and to avoid the chestbursters that will come out of them.

- Melee weapons, however primitive they may be (crowbars, knives, etc). Sure, you should never let yourself run out of ammo, but I also like to conserve it if I know I have enough medkits.

- Flares. Drop them or throw them to improve visibility in dark areas. I used them a lot in the AVP2 computer game, even more than I used the flashlight.

- I think other people have already mentioned flamethrowers and motion trackers a lot of times.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: My two cents
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:53 »

There are a few good ideas here that I plan on implementing in a more... cruel... way :).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Zephyre Syx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 17:49 »

ACID!!
"Nah, it's not that those ideas are bad, I'm just trying to show you why I think my way of thinking is better."
-Kornel Kisielewicz

Nigh-Pher

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 05:27 »

Know what you be cool? If you added sound effects for aliens when they are crawling through the ventilation shafts / airducts / maintenance  hatches. Then your like "OMG wheres that opening!" and if your fast enough you can wield the opening shut but if not a whole bunch of aliens start swarming out.
Pages: [1]