Other Roguelikes > DiabloRL

Shout at Diablo

<< < (2/3) > >>

Malek Deneith:
But that wouldn't be DiabloRL but Diablo2RL

n9103:
nokturnal, you haven't played Titan's Quest then....
Then D2, much less D1, seems like a gimped TQ. :P

nokturnal:
malek: well not 100% sure here but i think kornel already has stated that he will be looking at item generation and skills from d2?

n9103: pesonally i think TQ is a disgrace to the hack'n'slash genre. only thing that game had was nice graphics (when the game didnt bug out, which i did ALOT before the first, what 3 patches?), the game was just too easy to exploit. horribly imbalanced skills, boring not-so random generated items, and most importantly, no random generated areas.. seriously, i'd much rather play diablo1 than tq again, but hey, each to his own rightt :P

RickVoid:
While we're discussing what we liked/disliked about Diablo 1/2, I'd like to throw in the old time-warp from D1. Got to the bottom of Dlvl 4 with a new character, but don't feel like your ready to go to the next section of the dungeon? Everything dead above you? No, problem. All you had to do was save, exit, click new, and grab the character you used last. Bam, the dungeon is reset, you have everything you had in the last town, and more low-level enemies to slay. This, plus the fact that you are only guaranteed some of the quests on each playthrough, were my most favorite things about D1. In D2, you only get three playthroughs (one per difficulty) and all the quests are guaranteed to be there. Sure, the enemies respawn and it's highly unlikely that you'll have found every item by the end of your third playthrough (which is replayability) but I prefer to pretend to be questing again, rather than admitting that I'm only doing it for items and exp.

Dammit. Now I wanna play Diablo, and I'm stuck at work. Dammit all to Hell.

nokturnal:
rickvoid: the restarting feature has been thoroughly discussed, and i think most people disliked this idea, correct me if im wrong..

i suggest you check this thread (for some serious head bashing ;) ): http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php?topic=407.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version