Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [N!|36%|YAVP] Failed Elite Diamond = Yet Another Boring Melee Stairdive  (Read 2868 times)

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

Tried to do the N! 90% thing, but got to hell 7 and it was too scary to camp to boost kill rate, so I just went and killed the spider.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fun fact. My win count in each difficulty level is inversely proportional to that level.

ITYTD: 2 Wins
HNTR: 4 Wins
HMP: 5 Wins
UV: 7 Wins
N!: 12 Wins

I suspect this is because I only care about badges, and it's difficult to get them by winning lower difficulties anymore, but still... didn't know it had gotten to that point until I looked out of idle curiosity.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 22:26 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

He killed 316 out of 856 hellspawn. (36%)

It's not like you really tried, is it?
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile

Well, no, when I inflate killrate like this, it's best to do it near the end so I can guarantee the final percentage is what I need it to be, so I don't usually bother until I get near the end of the run. For example, if I do it on, say, Hell 4, I have to inflate the kill rate much higher to ensure it doesn't drop below 90% if I have to exfil from the next few floors with a quickness. It's also true that if I do it way too early, and then die, I just spent hours grinding for nothing - this way, I have a relatively high probability of finishing the run and making the grind pay off.

Sometimes it's still worth it to do it that way if you can find a good place to stop and you're not too far from the end, but I didn't find such a place this run.

Edit: It's worth noting that this method doesn't really work for Eagerness Angelic attempts - hard to farm some poor former when a thermonuclear bomb is ticking rapidly down in the background.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 22:38 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Any reason you didn't put those agility mods on the steel boots?  I think the extra speed from tac boots would've helped you a lot more than the snail effect from the Enviroboots.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile

Honestly? This didn't even occur to me.

To be completely fair, I encountered a *lot* of hazardous terrain near the end of my run, so I was very thankful for the boots... but even having tac boots for a swap would have been an improvement.

Oh well =X next time...
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Pages: [1]