General > Off Topic

Music Review Trader

(1/7) > >>

LuckyDee:
Hey all,

I thought I'd try something new again. Part of my spare time goes towards writing reviews of local bands, shows and releases for a rock/heavy oriented blog. It's a nice way to get introduced to music that I normally would never be confronted with. By way of exercise and further expansion of my horizon, I propose the following:

You give me the title of an album you enjoy listening too, preferably one that's available on YouTube or Spotify. I will gather my thoughts on it and put them in writing. In return, you receive a title from me, where you perform the same exercise on. No actual knowledge of music or production required, just listen to it and write down what you think/feel, and why.

I'll respond as soon as I can, but it may take some time. Luckily I can listen to virtually anything during my day job, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to get acquainted with the material.

Who wants to take a stab at this?

Uranium:
I'd definitely be up for this. Always interested in finding more music.

thelaptop:
* thelaptop grins evilly
Here, go to town on this one: 箫的叙说 by 张维良, a vertical bamboo flute a.k.a 箫 or "xiao" virtuoso player.

Have fun!

Sereg:
You all need to check out the discord server... lots of music being posted there last time I was on.

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Sereg on November 08, 2017, 18:26 ---You all need to check out the discord server... lots of music being posted there last time I was on.

--- End quote ---
I may be the Chaos Fanatic!, but I don't even have the time nowadays to hang out on IRC, let alone a proprietary implementation of IRC-lite.

You folks carry on there, okay?  And play nice -- I'm not there to conduct inquisitions.  >.<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version