Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 08:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ideas for nerfing Int(3) and AoB.  (Read 10165 times)

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for nerfing Int(3) and AoB.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 23:54 »

Meaning you need Berserker to tackle the Cathedral? :]
You mean on-demand berserking from large meds? Nah I can do without that.
But I probably won't be able to do it without any kind of berserking, unless I have too many large meds (for healing) and red armors to spare :p
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 02:43 »

With door exploiting it's possible to do even without weapons and Berserking.))
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 03:43 »

Not exactly.  I find that any monster that has the ability to destroy doors (via missile or shotgun), at range, will actually have a better chance of killing you if you close a door on yourself (because now there's something solid to explode against besides your body on the square).  The only way you can counteract this is if they are already at melee range when you do this, and even then there seems to be a chance that the monster will fire their missile, and blow both you and it up, as well as that door and any items that were around.  This tactic really works best against former foos (sarges actually will hurt you, though) and demons, though as long as other monsters try to melee you instead of shoot you it'll work on them too.  These comments mostly come from my AoMr experiences trying to use this (you can shoot with the door closed on you, and as I said any monster that can't blow up or destroy doors can be taken down from range); I'm sure with experience in AoB this can be used to good effect.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 03:55 »

I was talking about AoD, not about any enemy. AoD cannot open doors so it's possible to kill him without weapons and Berserking.

This tactic is nearly useless on later levels, because most of monsters there fires missiles, or can open doors. But here is list of enemies that can be killed this way without having damage: former human, former captain, former commando, demon, lost soul, Angel of Death, Arachnotron, Pain Elemental. Imho ability to kill all this enemies without damage to yourself is not so useless.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11
Pages: 1 [2]  All