Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 16:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What do you  (Read 7326 times)

Turgor

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.stichtingcavia.nl
What do you
« on: November 30, 2005, 21:33 »

do when you're not playing DoomRL? These sparse moments between games, how do you fill them?

I myself am a PHP coder amongst other things, doing freelance stuff at the moment. I also volunteer at the Guinea Pig Foundation, a dutch organization for the protection of and informing the public about guinea pigs :)

Ultimate Carl

• Private FC
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 23:02 »

At the moment, I'm working on a World of Darkness campaign (role playing game by White Wolf) and playing a lot of Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version).  i'm still playing quite a bit of DoomRL, checking the forums, and even updating the Wiki, though.  Can't wait for 0.9.9!

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:32 »

I usually start posting on several other forums, IRC and play various games on pc and otherwise.

PS: Is World of Darkness free?
Howdy.

Ultimate Carl

• Private FC
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 22:57 »

Quoting: jimmyj
PS: Is World of Darkness free?

Nope, sorry. If you wanna check it out, the site is .

Great system once you get into it.  I prefer it much over D&D and other d20 games.

Mihilist

• Private FC
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:30 »

World of Darkness is all, but "free"... There are 7 P&P-Role Playing Games in that WoD, each coming along with a... mmh... I don't know the English words "Grundbuch" :D Main/Rule Book...? *g* And lots of Source Books - I think I paid for my WoD-Library hundreds of Euros... ;o)

Back to topic:
In my free time between playing DoomRL I study maths and, I think in English it would be IT (Informatik), I work in a (very small) software-company or go to discos (EBM, Industrial, NeoFolk, Gothic, ...).

I have very little time for DoomRL ;o)

PS: Correct my English if necessary (hihi), because I should learn a better English, I think :D

Turgor

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 13:53 »

Allright, let me try to correct your English since you asked for it ;)

Quoting: Mihilist
World of Darkness is all, but "free"

The words 'all but <qualification>' are used to describe that something is very close to the used qualification. I am all but sure about this.

I can understand why you would use it the way you do, because when you translate 'all but' literally into German (or Dutch), it actually means something like 'the opposite of'.

I believe you can use 'everything but' in this context though, that seems to convey what you meant to say.

Mihilist

• Private FC
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 17:31 »

Turgor

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 23:20 »

No problems mate. Even though english isn't my first language, i'd like to think that my grasp of it is excellent when compared to your average forum poster.

That may sound like boasting, but it is the truth. By the way, did you know that i was also the first person to sail to the the moon, and that pi(you know, 3.141592 etc.) is just a conspiracy to cover up the fact that the wheel was invented by aliens!

jake250

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starforces.fr.st
What do you
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 04:42 »

Quoting: Turgor
No problems mate. Even though english isn't my first language, i'd like to think that my grasp of it is excellent when compared to your average forum poster.

That may sound like boasting, but it is the truth. By the way, did you know that i was also the first person to sail to the the moon, and that pi(you know, 3.141592 etc.) is just a conspiracy to cover up the fact that the wheel was invented by aliens!

You fool, corrupting my mind, your making me crazy. Or I am already!

Hey, your not english? What is your first language then? Would love to know. And how old you are, too, I hope im not asking too much :P

Im 15, I live in Canada/Quebec and I talk french mainly, and try my best with my english :P I doubt im bad at it, and im not the best, but hell, everyone seems to understand me everytime I talk so I must be good somewhat.

On topic, im almost never play this game anymore so its hard to answer :P

Turgor

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 04:48 »

I'm a 26 year old dutchman, not the flying type though. Je ne parle pas fran?ais btw.

Mihilist

• Private FC
    • View Profile
What do you
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 10:47 »

I'm 24 and from Germany, as I mentioned before.
Pages: [1]