General > Off Topic

What do you

<< < (2/3) > >>

Turgor:
Allright, let me try to correct your English since you asked for it ;)

Quoting: MihilistWorld of Darkness is all, but "free"

The words 'all but <qualification>' are used to describe that something is very close to the used qualification. I am all but sure about this.

I can understand why you would use it the way you do, because when you translate 'all but' literally into German (or Dutch), it actually means something like 'the opposite of'.

I believe you can use 'everything but' in this context though, that seems to convey what you meant to say.

Mihilist:

Turgor:
No problems mate. Even though english isn't my first language, i'd like to think that my grasp of it is excellent when compared to your average forum poster.

That may sound like boasting, but it is the truth. By the way, did you know that i was also the first person to sail to the the moon, and that pi(you know, 3.141592 etc.) is just a conspiracy to cover up the fact that the wheel was invented by aliens!

jake250:
Quoting: TurgorNo problems mate. Even though english isn't my first language, i'd like to think that my grasp of it is excellent when compared to your average forum poster.

That may sound like boasting, but it is the truth. By the way, did you know that i was also the first person to sail to the the moon, and that pi(you know, 3.141592 etc.) is just a conspiracy to cover up the fact that the wheel was invented by aliens!

You fool, corrupting my mind, your making me crazy. Or I am already!

Hey, your not english? What is your first language then? Would love to know. And how old you are, too, I hope im not asking too much :P

Im 15, I live in Canada/Quebec and I talk french mainly, and try my best with my english :P I doubt im bad at it, and im not the best, but hell, everyone seems to understand me everytime I talk so I must be good somewhat.

On topic, im almost never play this game anymore so its hard to answer :P

Turgor:
I'm a 26 year old dutchman, not the flying type though. Je ne parle pas fran?ais btw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version