DoomRL > Nightmare!

[N!] [AoSh+AoOC] First Ever Angelic Badge!!!

<< < (2/2)

CaptainSublime:
So that's what sereging is!! Thank you for the clarification.

Also allow me to say that I think being able to do something, even if you didn't invent it, is still a skill. If I could sprint 100 metres in 10 seconds, it would still be a thing, even if you copied Usain Bolt.

THanks for the link to IcyTux' thread. Some really good runs and info in there.

One question. On this run, Icy manages to access JC without having a nuke or a trigun at the spider mastermind. How did he do that? I didn't think that was possible without nuking the Spider Mastermind.
Cheers and thanks for the help! :)

Sereg:
A successful conqueror run is designed to allow you to attempt a full win. Mortuary/Limbo will 100% spawn a nuclear BFG, which can be overloaded(alt fire or alt reload, I believe - conqueror is one challenge I've mostly steered clear of, so my memory of this mechanic is hazy) to nuke the level. Erebus/Lava Pits both spawn the Lava Elemental, who drops the (Lava Orb, I think it's called? Maybe Lava Element? - again, not a challenge I pursue, as I dislike and tend to avoid the special levels), which can be used for a very short invulnerability.

The combination of these two items allows any Conqueror to access JC with 100% reliability.

It's worth noting that these aren't the only two special levels that help to remove elements of randomness which might seem to be required for a particular run...

CaptainSublime:
OOoooooh, Sereg. Of course. That is how it is done. I knew about overloading. But it never occured to me to use it to access JC. The 8 times I have defeated JC since I reinstalled 2 months ago. (And had never even known he existed in the 8 years of playing prior to that,) were because i found a nuke and had the lava element.

Thanks so much for making the connection.

Everything I know about this game I have worked out, but since I started on these forums in the last few months, I am kind of addicted to learning about this game and finding all its dirty little secrets.

Thanks so much Sereg and Torm for the support.

khiijol:
great run, congrats on the angelic! shoot for veteran next, that one is a lot of fun especially when it gets going

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version