Chaosforge Forum

• March 18, 2024, 23:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to get into beta?  (Read 38272 times)

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
How to get into beta?
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:17 »

Hey! It's been a while :).

JH is looking great. How can i get into the beta?

Cheers

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: How to get into beta?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00 »

I believe that at this point there's no viable way to get involved in the beta testing. Eventually Jupiter Hell will move to Early Access on Steam, and I believe access will be able to be purchased then, but that's still a ways off. This is all hearsay from me, however.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 17:08 »

I paid for beta access, but received nothing. Are there details about getting in?
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:01 »

In an old old post it seems that the Steam key for the beta was sent out via email.  I had alpha access, so I received my key on Oct 03, 2018.

In case that url cannot be entered, it just states something to the effect of "beta keys have been sent via email -- if you haven't received it when you should, contact 'us'".  Naturally, "us" would refer to ah Kornel.

Hope this helps.
I computed, therefore I was.

johnnih

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 14:49 »

I hope it's alright to ask here.

I've pledged £16.00 , which means I "get the  the game once it goes live on Steam or wait a bit and get a DRM free key at full release". I'm a little confused about the specifics of this. So can I have full access during both early access and after release, or do I get to choose? Also, what is DRM?
[11|5|2|0|0]
Cacodemon Sergeant

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 01:15 »

I hope it's alright to ask here.

I've pledged £16.00 , which means I "get the  the game once it goes live on Steam or wait a bit and get a DRM free key at full release". I'm a little confused about the specifics of this. So can I have full access during both early access and after release, or do I get to choose? Also, what is DRM?

You get it once it hits retail 1.0 (that is after Early Access). DRM means "Digital Rights Management", AKA "Copy protection". DRM-free usually means you get it without any copy protection and usually either download it directly from the company or from a site like GoG.com that does not include DRM.

Steam, believe it or not, is DRM. In most cases, Steam must be running to play Steam games.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:45 »

You get it once it hits retail 1.0 (that is after Early Access). DRM means "Digital Rights Management", AKA "Copy protection". DRM-free usually means you get it without any copy protection and usually either download it directly from the company or from a site like GoG.com that does not include DRM.

Steam, believe it or not, is DRM. In most cases, Steam must be running to play Steam games.

Thanks for replying but this is mostly false :P. First of all - everyone who ever payed for Jupiter Hell, be it Kickstarter, Humble or Itch is getting a key the moment we launch into Early Access. Second - Steam has its DRM wrapper (we use it for the demo weekends) but it's opt-in - due to not being a fan of DRM, JH will be released without DRM on Steam, and will be launch able without the Steam client running.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

kzwix

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 12:02 »

So, Kornel, what you're saying is that, even if we want the GOG key, we can still redeem the "Early Access" steam key we got in the mail a few days ago ?

If you confirm, I'll happily start playing and giving feedback (well, if I find something requiring it, that is).

Also, I think it would deserve a sticky post, too, because of what was said in the Kickstarter (which you cannot change, I know)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 15:10 by kzwix »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 12:30 »

Yes, everyone will get a complimentary GOG key, so go ahead and play :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]