Chaosforge Forum

• March 18, 2024, 22:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Are there any angelic badges that haven't been won yet?  (Read 6991 times)

Brickman

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I'm definitely not on the level of pursuing angelic badges yet, but I am curious about them. Are there any badges that nobody has claimed yet? And for that matter, what's the most that any one person has?

(The only one that stands out to me as being likely to be unclaimed is the speedrun badge, but I say that not having tried any).

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any angelic badges that haven't been won yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 19:14 »

To my knowledge, Tormuse has the highest verified angelic badge count with 9.

I know of no confirmed speed run or pacifism badges, and the damageless ones are also unclaimed(well, certain players have claimed to have earned them,  but there are either no mortems presented, or edited mortems which cast serious doubt on the achievement).  Check Tormuse's mortem history... it's a good bet that if he doesn't have it, no one does.  It's also worth noting that he's recorded video of many his achievements, so the standard of proof of legitimacy is quite high.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 19:22 by Sereg »
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 16:27 »

Yeah, you can see some videos of me getting Angelic badges on my Youtube channel.  (Link in my sig)  :)

2DeviationsOut claimed to be able to play damageless consistently, but there was also evidence of cheating on his part, so I'm skeptical of his claims.  VANDAM claimed to have achieved all Angelic badges except Centurial within three months of Angelic badges being a thing, but he didn't post a single mortem, so I'm highly skeptical of that claim too.  The other contender was Papilio, who also posted an iffy mortem at one point, but later made videos to show his ability and he has 7 Angelic badges.

(Incidentally, I hate casting doubts on the truthfulness of people like this; I'd much rather celebrate everyone's victories, but unfortunately, I can't deny that some people's claims are highly questionable)

Brickman, you say that you aren't on the level of pursuing Angelics, but with your recent Diamond badge, you might want to reconsider that.  I would say that Shottyman Angelic, at least, is definitely within your reach.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 13:44 »

I'll have the most pretty soon Tormuse! I just got made homeless, jobless, live in a solar-powered van, and have doomrl as my companion while I travel the country dancing!
Badges:
DRL:26 22 22 19 13 6
  JH:15 13 11   7   2

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 18:04 »

I look forward to those mortems... good luck in your endeavors, both digital and otherwise.
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 19:58 »

I'll have the most pretty soon Tormuse! I just got made homeless, jobless, live in a solar-powered van, and have doomrl as my companion while I travel the country dancing!

Oh, wow!  Sounds like you've had some significant life changes lately!  :o  (I mean...  unless you've been traveling the country all along and I just didn't know)  :P  Well, I hope you're doing all right and having fun anyway.  :)  (And if your van happens to pass Toronto, give me a call)  :)

And it looks like you're one Angelic away from catching up to me?  :o  That might be the incentive I need to pick up this game again and see if I can pull ahead!  :D  (And yes, I'd love to see those mortems too)  :)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 01:26 »

Noooo, I only have 2 angelics. Well, I think I managed 4, but never updated my sig. I'm currently battering out a new savefile.
Badges:

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 17:06 »

Oh, derp, for some reason, I read your sig as 8 Angelics instead of 8 Diamonds.  :P  I blame sleep deprivation.  I just got a new job that keeps me very busy.  :)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]

Sylph

• Elder
  • Major
  • Galaxy Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 20:31 »

WAYY off-topic:
I've loved the ideas of travelling, dancing, and modelling for most of my life, but only did the photoshoots part, and that only as a side-hobby. I don't think I'm anything like talented or appealing enough to make a career out of dance or modelling, but I've saved a lot of money and renting my house out while living in a van kinda gives me the disposeable income to stay afloat doing things I enjoy.
For the last 3 months I've been building a campervan out of a cheap work van that i bought (so that it looks like a 'normal' van when parked on the street, and I'm less likely to get asked to move along!) I've finally reached a point where it's something I would consider 'live-able', so I guess freedom begins. I'll be unlikely to visit you in it though - I live in the UK.
Badges:

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 08:14 »

WAYY off-topic

Yeah, I see it but it's fine considering that the forums are rather quiet.  Great to hear that you're still around!  =)
I computed, therefore I was.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 09:37 »

I really hope its a silence before a storm though :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]