DoomRL > Discussion

Doomrl Guide

<< < (2/2)

Dervis:
That's quite a good read, and quite thorough as well.
I probably disagree on a couple of stuff but I'd rather point out the 2 actual mistakes:

Power armor - Only usable on common armors, so no powered energyshield vest for you:P. That being said, powered red armor is top-tier armor and it's only not used more often because anti-gravity boots are ridiculously overpowered.

Juggling shotguns from inventory - The method you listed isn't the best one. You just need to carry 2 non-shotguns with you, and you won't have to waste the 0.5 seconds dropping the empty shotty. When quick-equipping a weapon the game will always choose the one with the most ammo.
Typical scenario is going into Hell's Arena with 6 shotguns, a pistol and a combat knife. Fire a shotgun, play with z, 1 and 2 until you have the pistol and knife equipped, and next time you press 3 you'll have a loaded shotgun ready.

Sylph:
The juggling shotgun thing was an artifact from previous versions. I'm not sure whether the power armour thing was. Did they scrap plate armour? ;)

Deathwind:
There's some issues with the special level section, kinda feels like it hasn't been updated in several versions.

Plate armor was actually rather sweet but it became the tower shield once shields were introduced.

Ashannar:
As long as we're talking about artifacts from older versions, the "monsters clump in the center of the map" thing was patched out in one of the later versions. I can confirm they don't do it anymore in 0.9.9.7. Nice guide, though. I'm learning a lot. The shooting through doors thing is blowing my mind.

Sylph:

--- Quote from: Ashannar on April 22, 2019, 02:22 ---As long as we're talking about artifacts from older versions, the "monsters clump in the center of the map" thing was patched out in one of the later versions. I can confirm they don't do it anymore in 0.9.9.7. Nice guide, though. I'm learning a lot. The shooting through doors thing is blowing my mind.

--- End quote ---

They don't do it as much, but I still feel they do so. Try sitting in the corner of the level on something big like 'ciity of skulls', and just see how many thousands of turns pass by without you being disturbed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version