DoomRL > Nightmare!

[N!|100%|3|YAAM] Masterless conquering N! (Veteran & Elite Angelic)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sylph:

--- Quote from: khiijol on April 25, 2019, 09:42 ---great run, pretty sure shamblers do respawn on nightmare

--- End quote ---
Yep, you're right. Just had to kill on of the bleeders like 4 times over!!

Tormuse:
(Whoops!  I've neglected replying to this!)  :o

Awesome run!  :D  It sounds like a lot of things went wrong along the way, but I'm glad to see you pulled it off in the end!  :)  As Sereg said, I'm sure  you're capable of surpassing me if you put your mind to it.  I'd be particularly interested if you get any of the badges I didn't get.  :)  Also, I gotta say, you found two Firestorm mods together and didn't make a Biggest FG?  :P  Well, I guess the Demolition Pistol was a lot more practical, but I confess that I'm disappointed you didn't at least put the other Firestorm on the Hyperblaster.  F-modded Hyperblasters kick ass!  :D

I'm also curious about your choice of build.  Getting Juggler right at the beginning is an interesting choice; did you find that helpful in Hell's Arena?  And what's with the third level of Eagle Eye?  EE2 is already plenty, and you had Hyperblaster, Combat Pistol, and Missle Launcher, which are all high accuracy weapons.  The only instance I would get EE3 is if I was either going for Sharpshooter (which isn't an option here) or if I had a Burst assembly which reduces accuracy.  In your case, it doesn't look like you would have gotten any benefit from it.

As for your questions about respawning, the only monsters that leave a corpse, but don't respawn are Arch-Viles and Nightmare Arch-Viles.  (Which leave a "bloody corpse;" this corpse is also ungibbable, except with Skulls...  or a nuke, I guess)  :P  Shamblers and Bruiser Brothers are the only "boss" monsters that can respawn.  (The Arena Master, Cyberdemon, Angel of Death, Lava Elemental, and presumably Mastermind and JC don't respawn)

Sylph:
I think I picked the third level of EE without any thought. By that time I was powerful enough, and waasn't really paying any attention to the level up screen - I just wanted to get through the last few levels. To be honest the second level of EE was probably not needed, and cateye would have bee far more useful if I needed a more powerful marine, which might have been key had I rolled the mortuary!
The lack of a firestorm hyperblaster was a big shame yeah! I think I might have added the tech mod before killing the shamblers. I really wanted every advantage I couuld manage for those 2 guys!

Juggler was incredibly strong early game. I don't think I would have managed the arena without that pile of 6 shotguns in my inventory for juggling, but I don't know, when I don't get juggler first the damage of the chaingun is very noticeably higher.

Which angelic badges do you have? I kinda know which ones are 'in reach' right now, and I'm betting it's a lot like the ones you have.

Tormuse:
Let's see...  I've got Veteran, Strongman, Elite, Berserker, Shottyman, Lightfoot, Quartermaster, Centurial, and Everyman...  and I should have posts for each of them around here somewhere.

I'm particularly pleased with the Everyman Angelic badge game.  (Complete with video!)  :D  That one took a ridiculous number of tries to get.  :)

(EDIT: Fixed link)

Dervis:
Wow, that Everyman badge is really impressive. I thought it was one of the impossible ones.

I got a Marksman Angelic so you can add that to the doable ones too. If you can make it to Armory, SoG5 should carry you the rest of the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version