Chaosforge Forum

• March 19, 2024, 04:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: font and borders  (Read 26510 times)

fyonn

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
font and borders
« on: August 03, 2019, 18:46 »

Hello,

I'm a kickstarter and got the early code to this game the other day. I've given it a quick play and it looks very promising. not had that much time to get into it but two immediate things came to mind as requests.

1) Can you support borderless windowed mode. I've got 2 screens running here and it's ncie to be able to swipe my mouse to the other screen for a browser window, IM client, music app etc. right now I'm running it windowed and using borderless gaming and it does work, but it would be better if it didn't need that.

2) can we make the text a bit easier to read? I know it's kinda in theme but on my 34" UW screen, it's a bit big and hard on the eyes... maybe an option for something a bit smaller and easier?

otherwise, it's looking pretty good. I'll give it some time a bit over the next week I think. I'll also spin it up on my macbook at some point in front of the telly. I've played angband like that for many years...

PS. all these verification steps are a bit much aren't they? I'm struggling to read these letter and I'm logged in already, I did this to register an account...

fyonn

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: font and borders
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:07 »

so.. err.. anyone reading these? anyone think I'm right or wrong?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 17:21 »

so.. err.. anyone reading these? anyone think I'm right or wrong?

Right or wrong about what?  I mean, you've expressed an opinion on the state of the game, and an opinion of the anti-spammer efforts.  It is duly noted, but it doesn't mean that someone must respond.

After all, it's a forum, not a private message.
I computed, therefore I was.

fyonn

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 11:19 »

I'll be honest, I was hoping that my feedback might result in some other people saying "yeah, the text is a bit hard to read" and "actually, borderless mode would make life easier" and then the developer would pitch in and tell me that he's going to make the changes I've suggested in the next release. I mean that's what I'd *like*.

people might even want to disagree with me and say that they love the text and that being half-unreadable (IMHO) adds the to atmosphere of the game. discussion is good.

of course no-one is obligated to respond but this is a game in early access, isn't feedback wanted at this stage? views of users that might improve the game? I thought that was the point of the forum?

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:32 »

of course no-one is obligated to respond but this is a game in early access, isn't feedback wanted at this stage? views of users that might improve the game? I thought that was the point of the forum?

Feedback is definitely wanted, but between the Steam pages, GoG comments, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and the like, the effort becomes much diffused.

I'm not even partaking in half of the conversations that are occurring on those other platforms, and I am the Chaos Fanatic!.  Shows one how much diffusion it has been.

I'd wish that the forum takes centre stage -- it is after all the original Chaosforge communications platform.  But times have been changing, that's all.  JH is built to cater to a slightly different crowd from the old fogies of the rogue-like, and with it comes the various outreach methods.

Please don't feel that I'm being harsh on you -- that wasn't the intention at all.
I computed, therefore I was.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 18:27 »

We're currently at Gamescom, so the only thing I can do is check the phone from time to time - both borderless and a black outline for UI text is planned!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

fyonn

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 14:33 »

Feedback is definitely wanted, but between the Steam pages, GoG comments, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and the like, the effort becomes much diffused.

that's a good point and I first made my comment on twitter and then getting no response I came here thinking that this would be *the* place for discussion... as you say, it would be good if there was one spot for primary discussion, would make things easier anyway.

We're currently at Gamescom, so the only thing I can do is check the phone from time to time - both borderless and a black outline for UI text is planned!

ahh, okay, thanks for responding. I'll look forward to seeing both :) good luck.
Pages: [1]