Jupiter Hell > General Discussion

Wiki / game info?

(1/2) > >>

Thelo:
Hello, is there a wiki for Jupiter Hell, or a place where I can look up detailed info about the game?

I just played my first run and was specifically curious about what the various branches are. Callisto, Valhalla Terminal, Valhalla Command, Europa, Conamara Chaos Biolabs... I had various choices about where to go and was not sure how to choose.

(Unrelated, but hot damn, isn't a quintuple captcha on posting way overkill?)

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: Thelo on September 08, 2019, 19:33 ---(Unrelated, but hot damn, isn't a quintuple captcha on posting way overkill?)

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, given the tools we have, that's the best we have to keep most of the spammers off the forum.  We used to be hit with at least one per 10 minutes.  This has dropped the numbers to nearly zero.

Rest assured, once you've posted enough, there's no need for all the crazy captcha-like things.

khiijol:
from what i've seen, the special branches/levels so far are:

callisto:
mines -> anomaly (archreavers - substantially easier now that they don't spawn directly next to you)
valhalla terminal -> valhalla command (bots, now two military bots so greater chance they'll drop a useful mod)
no special branch -> military base (formers)

europa:
biolabs -> containment area (similar to anomaly)
dig zone -> tyre outpost (formers)
no special branch -> ?

io:
black site -> vaults (turrents + demons)
cri labs -> cri armory (a shitload of cri bots, would not recommend going here unless you have really powerful pierce weapons)
no special branch -> ?

beyond:
arena (small to heavy demons - no drops?)
limbo (vars demons)

Dervis:

--- Quote from: khiijol on September 09, 2019, 05:40 ---from what i've seen, the special branches/levels so far are:

callisto:
mines -> anomaly (archreavers - substantially easier now that they don't spawn directly next to you)
valhalla terminal -> valhalla command (bots, now two military bots so greater chance they'll drop a useful mod)
no special branch -> military base (formers)

europa:
biolabs -> containment area (similar to anomaly)
dig zone -> tyre outpost (formers)
no special branch -> ?

io:
black site -> vaults (turrents + demons)
cri labs -> cri armory (a shitload of cri bots, would not recommend going here unless you have really powerful pierce weapons)
no special branch -> ?

beyond:
arena (small to heavy demons - no drops?)
limbo (vars demons)

--- End quote ---
Military base has hellish soldiers not formers, you'll end up with some extra holes if you underestimate them. Nonetheless it has fixed spawns so you memorize where each one is and it makes it easy. Good place to pick up a Chaingun or 7.62 rifle if you haven't already.

Main europa special level is Refueling base. It has chaingun ravagers and archreavers and a guaranteed tech station besides 4 or 5 boxes.

Cri armory is rough with the CRI bots ambushes, if you can manage it though you'll have your pick of a bunch of exotic weapons and the CRI armor.

Main Io branch special level is the Io Warehouse. Reavers, Archreavers, and 10 boxes, 2 of each kind I think.

Arena has 3 waves of enemies. x fire fiends, x-1 archreavers and x-2 siege ravagers. It spawns a portal to the last level in the middle at the end.
Limbo just has a bunch of archreavers and 4 or 5 boxes.
The entire Beyond area is a work in progress so it might change significantly in the future.

Callisto transition level is Valhalla Space Station. Known for sometimes having security bots everywhere and the occasional former heavy, so beware those rockets. 1 guaranteed med box + common box.
Europa transition level is Europa Central Dig. Mostly fixed layout with fixed enemies (fire fiends, archreavers, armored ravagers) although they wander around, no loot whatsoever.
Io transition level is Io Gateway, fixed layout with lots of unavoidable fights featuring CRI bots, archreavers and armored ravagers. 2 med boxes and 2 ammo boxes.

Evilpotatoe:
So, no wiki atm ?
All I found was the "Fandom" one https://jupiterhell.fandom.com/wiki  (quite ugly and messy to me, I'm really not fan of those).

Would hosting one (more) wiki here on Chaosforge require much efforts or costs ?
I'd really love an equivalent of what we have for DoomRL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version