Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.8.5d|U|AoC|Te|14|YAAM] Technical Carnage (Rocket Gold and CRI Gold) :)  (Read 1875 times)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

My second time winning!  :D  This time in Angel of Carnage, Ultra-Violence difficulty, with 100% kills!  :)

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez AoC makes for an interesting challenge; like the early game is a lot easier, because you don't even need to hit your enemies for them to die, but in order to make it sustainable, (and get YAAM) you really have to manage your ammo.  Like at one point, I managed to get up to 90 rockets, and had to leave some behind, but I was still down to 17 by the end.

Sometimes, this meant finding ways to take out (or at least damage) multiple enemies at a time, and sometimes, it meant gauging whether it's prudent to try to land a direct hit for maximal damage, or (if the enemy is going to take two rockets anyway, like Ravagers) shoot the wall next to them from outside their visual range, since it takes the same number of rockets, but I save some health.

I took full advantage of the Technician's ability to put lots of mods on my weapons, aiming to specialize my collection of rocket launchers that I would juggle between.  (Side note:  I'm 99% sure the description of Juggler trait is inaccurate, since it says swap time is "75% faster" and the default swap time for rocket launchers is 150%, but it seems to take close to zero time to swap them)  Basically, my first two rocket launchers were my heavy-hitters with increased damage that I would open any confrontation with, and the third one had all the bulk mods, so if the first two launchers didn't kill my target, they'd get hit by a barrage of fast reloading rockets.  :)

The late game was helped by an advanced rocket launcher I found that had the "haze" effect, that makes a cloud of smoke appear around the target, which prevents them from firing back right away, which was advantageous most of the time, but made dealing with CRI bots awkward, because they would take multiple hits, and being in a cloud of smoke seems to make them advance faster, and that's not an enemy that you want to deal with at point-blank range.  :|

The battle with the Summoner at the end was pretty tense; I really wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  :|  I used up all of my medkits in that battle, plus a phase device, and I was worried about running out of rockets too, because partway through the battle, he teleported away and I couldn't find him before he completely regenerated his hitpoints.  I'm glad I had Tough as Nails 2 and Incoming, because I correctly anticipated that he was going to close to point-blank and start clawing at me, and I would just have to tank the damage, because the Technician can't get Hellrunner, so there was no escape.  I finished with 42 hitpoints, so I'm pretty sure I was one hit away from death.  Whew!

Tormuse, level 14 Technician, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 17867 turns.
The run time was 4h 55m 34s.
He scored 5859 points.
He was ULTRAVIOLENT!
He was an Angel of Carnage!

CALLISTO L2 -> Valhalla Terminal L1
EUROPA L2 -> Conamara Chaos Biolabs L1
IO L2 -> Io Black Site L1
Io Black Site L2 -> Black Site Vaults
Black Site Vaults - cleared

Awards
  Medal of Prejudice (+200)
   * Won with 100% kills
  CRI Star (bronze cluster) (+25)
   * 25+ kills without taking damage
  CRI Bronze Badge
   * Win any game with 100% kills
  CRI Silver Badge
   * Win a MEDIUM or higher game with 100% kills
  CRI Gold Badge
   * Win a UV or higher game with 100% kills
  Rocket Silver Badge
   * Complete Angel of Carnage (AoC)
  Rocket Gold Badge
   * Complete AoC on Hard

He killed 481 out of 481 enemies.

1 summoner
  20 former soldiers
  32 fire fiends
  3 corrupted sergeants
  9 former CRI soldiers
  37 turrets
  20 rocket turrets
  7 corrupted heavys
  3 exalted kerbeross
  6 toxic reavers
  6 former commandos
  4 former grunts
  7 cryoreavers
  20 former guards
  7 siege ravagers
  2 military drones
  6 CRI marines
  7 reavers
  1 military bot
  4 plasma ravagers
  1 former CRI grunt
  31 security bots
  4 former heavys
  4 combat drones
  2 corrupted commandos
  31 fiends
  5 toxibeross
  10 security drones
  9 cryobeross
  9 exalted soldiers
  30 archreavers
  6 exalted ravagers
  15 exalted fiends
  53 ravagers
  10 CRI bots
  2 former CRI sergeants
  10 cybeross
  42 armored ravagers
  6 corrupted soldiers
  2 kerbeross
  10 former sergeants

Traits
  Skilled L2
  Ironman L2
  Tough as Nails L2
  Juggler
  Packrat L1
  Whizkid L2
  Hunker down
  Field Medic
  Incoming!

Equipment
  Slot #1 : ADV rocket launcher P3A
  Slot #2 : rocket launcher P2A2
  Slot #3 : rocket launcher B3A
  Body    : ADV green armor PBA
  Utility : ADV accuracy amp

Inventory
  rocket (x10)
  rocket (x7)

Yay!  :D
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

* Kornel Kisielewicz scratches off another thing from the "is it doable" list :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile

Hopefully you're maintaining a separate list for achievements that are doable by mortals... Tormuse doesn't exactly set the standard of what the average player can hope to achieve ;)
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

khiijol

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

congrats on the win - the boss fight on AoC is a lot harder now that the summoner teleports away and regens hitpoints. i got this win before the change when the summoner would just charge you, and it took about 5 rockets before it went down

i do think the juggler speed is accurate though - plenty of times i've gotten hit in the time between switching weapons. i'm not sure if 75% faster means 150 - 75, or .25*150
[26/26/24/20/7/2]
Pages: [1]