Jupiter Hell > Post Mortem

[0.8.7|U|AoCo|Te|11|YAAM] I'm in. (Confident Gold Badge)

<< < (2/2)

Tormuse:
I think that might be a bit *too* overpowered.  7.62 rifle is a weapon that can carry you to the end of the game.  I think the purpose of giving the 9mm rifle was to give the player something a little better than the starting pistol, but they'll want to replace it soon anyway.

khiijol:
potentially - unless i have an adv with good stats, i usually ditch it the second i get a chaingun, which on UV is always somewhere still in callisto. might be too OP for lower difficulties. DRL AOC gives you chaingun and shotgun on top of your pistol if thats any comparison point

Tormuse:
To each, there own, I guess.  I prefer the 7.62 rifle over the chaingun, myself.  Better accuracy, especially at range, and more ammo efficient, since it does more damage per bullet.  It also suits my usual strategy better, since I frequently target enemies at the edge of my range, or beyond.

Moonshine Fox:

--- Quote from: Tormuse on January 31, 2020, 05:16 ---To each, there own, I guess.  I prefer the 7.62 rifle over the chaingun, myself.  Better accuracy, especially at range, and more ammo efficient, since it does more damage per bullet.  It also suits my usual strategy better, since I frequently target enemies at the edge of my range, or beyond.

--- End quote ---

Same. But it's sometimes hard to pass up the raw dakka of a P2 Chaingun, if you have the option.

khiijol:
i've found p2a chaingun, especially with an accuracy utility, is still quite effective at long range. overkill skill with this can take down most nasties aside from armoured ravagers. despite the fact that it uses more ammo and less damage per shot, i've never had a problem with ammo shortage, as 7.62 is so common past callisto. i did angel of light travel with this build and didn't have any problems with ammo issues just maintaing one stack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version