Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 06:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.8.7|M|Ma|13|YAVP] - Carried by launchers  (Read 2068 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.8.7|M|Ma|13|YAVP] - Carried by launchers
« on: January 31, 2020, 17:42 »

Flynn Taggart, level 13 Marine, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 9224 turns.
The run time was 1h 41m 17s.
He scored 4058 points.
He took MEDIUM risks.

CALLISTO L4 -> Military Barracks
Military Barracks - cleared
EUROPA L2 -> Conamara Chaos Biolabs L1
Conamara Chaos Biolabs L2 -> Containment Area
Containment Area - cleared
IO L4 -> Io Warehouse
Io Warehouse - cleared
BEYOND L2 -> Limbo
Limbo - cleared

Awards
  Explorer Ribbon (+50)
   * Visited all encountered special levels
  Conqueror Ribbon (+100)
   * Completed all encountered special levels

He killed 408 out of 411 enemies.

1 former CRI soldier
  1 military bot
  17 former soldiers
  15 reavers
  6 hellish soldiers
  8 corrupted soldiers
  17 turrets
  3 exalted fiends
  26 armored ravagers
  6 plasma ravagers
  2 siege ravagers
  10 security drones
  9 CRI bots
  20 CRI marines
  1 summoner
  48 fiends
  32 fire fiends
  9 exalted reavers
  7 toxic reavers
  8 security bots
  13 former grunts
  2 corrupted guards
  5 hellish grunts
  3 corrupted grunts
  25 ravagers
  8 former guards
  24 archreavers
  6 former CRI commandos
  1 former CRI grunt
  6 corrupted commandos
  2 corrupted sergeants
  4 hellish sergeants
  11 corrupted heavys
  2 former commandos
  2 hellish heavys
  2 kerbeross
  7 former sergeants
  2 former CRI sergeants
  4 cryobeross
  1 toxiberos
  14 rocket turrets
  6 combat drones
  12 cryoreavers
  3 cybeross

Traits
  Skilled L2
  Hellrunner L2
  Reloader L2
  Sustained fire L1
  Bloodhound
  Angry Motherfucker
  Reload Dance
  Incoming!
  Shredder

Equipment
  Slot #1 : CRI plasma rifle P
  Slot #2 : CRI plasma shotgun P
  Slot #3 : ADV rocket launcher
  Body    : ADV red armor
  Utility : CRI rifle power control

Inventory
  multitool (x1)

Got carried *hard* by that advanced Launcher. The ability to stun turrets and shroud enemies in toxic gas, doing chip damage and blinding them was crucial to making it through the later parts of Io and Beyond.

I made the questionable decision to drop my Adv Autoshotgun and Adv 7.62 Assault Rifle on Io 1 and replace them both with plasma weapons. I've always wanted to try a plasma run, so here I go.

I was struggling with ammo throughout. I was never comfortable on ammo ever, and diligent usage of barrels and the launcher got me through Beyond, but when I saw the door to Limbo, I made the choice to head through there. Limbo is largely populated by Archreavers. Easier to kill than fat ravagers, so I figured I would expend less ammo going through there.

I barely got through and slogged my way through the last Beyond level and made it to the Summoner. First time I've fought him since the changes, and him teleporting away made things difficult, but I persevered and chased him down. Ended up in a complete melee slug with him, and he quickly capped my pain at 75%, giving me a whopping 3% hit chance on him.

Not good. I used my last CRI teleport thingy and ended up far enough away to use my last health kit and wait for the Summoner, giving me a good aim bonus for when he reached me. Two salvos later, he was dead.

And there I was. In the Precipice of Defeat, with a nearly empty inventory, an empty plasma shotgun, an empty launcher and a plasma rifle with one salvo left in it.

But I fucking did it.

Unfortunately, I seem to have missed 3 enemies, which is weird, since every level I left was blue. I guess the reavers in PoD count towards the kill percentage?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 17:50 by Moonshine Fox »
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Andizee

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.7|M|Ma|13|YAVP] - Carried by launchers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:19 »

Unfortunately, I seem to have missed 3 enemies, which is weird, since every level I left was blue. I guess the reavers in PoD count towards the kill percentage?

I don't think so. Spawns in Gateway and PoD are not counted. I had a few YAAM victories by killing the summoner and paying little attention to the summons.

So, if you like blasting stuff, next step is Angel of Carnage -- lot's of rockets, most likely there won't be shortage on Medium. Marine's Reload Dance is super cool when using rocket launcher.

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 15:13 »

So, if you like blasting stuff, next step is Angel of Carnage -- lot's of rockets, most likely there won't be shortage on Medium. Marine's Reload Dance is super cool when using rocket launcher.
I've finished AoC a couple of times. It's kinda fun, but late Beyond gets a bit iffy on the ammo sometimes. This run was absolutely carried by the overpowered Adv Launcher I have found.
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 00:45 »

Oh, hey!  I just felt like sharing that I have a very promising AoV game in progress where I found a "Haze" rocket launcher with enhanced damage and reload speed.  I have a feeling it's similarly going to carry me to the end.  :D

As for the missed enemies, I'm pretty sure the enemies spawned by the Summoner and from the Gateway don't count toward the total, as evidenced by the fact that if you look at the character screen, your kill ratio remains the same.  That being said, I had the same thing happen, where I was sure I had cleared every level, (and carefully searched each one) and still didn't get 100% kills.  I'm not completely ruling out the possibility that I made a boneheaded mistake somewhere, but I still slightly suspect it might be the result of a bug.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]