Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.8.8|M|Sc|13|YAVP] - So Gunslinger is pretty hot.  (Read 2209 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[0.8.8|M|Sc|13|YAVP] - So Gunslinger is pretty hot.
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:47 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah so, Gunslinger is *really* strong. I spent most of the game using that advanced pistol, only adding mods as I found them, and a 9mmC for bots. I murdered most things before they got a chance to shoot and accuracy seemed decent.

I swapped the 9mmC for a Plasma pistol in Io 1, hoping to get another one to throw mods at, but never saw another one for the entire run (hence the piles of Cells in my inventory).

Now that I've played Gunslinger once, I feel that it has potential but it might just be a touch too strong. It remains to be seen. I'm gonna run a fair few more Gunslinger runs and see if this was just a fluke or if it might need a nerf somewhere.

Also, am I wrong in thinking that Pinpoint lacks a purpose when you have SoG 2? You're already at +40% crit chance with SoG 2, and Pinpoint caps at +50%, meaning you'll gain it after a single shot even with with PP 1.

Or are they separate stacks, so the +40% from SoG 2 stacks with PP?
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: [0.8.8|M|Sc|13|YAVP] - So Gunslinger is pretty hot.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 13:13 »

The 50% max is for Pinpoint itself, so it stacks to 90% :P
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 14:23 »

Takes off glasses

Mother of God.

salivates in gun
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Andizee

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 16:34 »

Gunlsinger is great, but I did not get the impression it is too strong, not on UV at least. Though I just had one run (died in Spaceport).
The challenge of the build is that pistols have short range, so enemies need to be lured closer for the full damage. 9mm calibrated is a godsend, but it does not appear every time.

Gunlsinger is comparable to Headshot. Both can be taken before Valhalla Command. But with Headshot you get the double power of .44. There is not enough .44 ammo to do that with Gunslinger.

Ultimately, with Headshot I could use fully modded .44 revolver all the way to the end with Scavenger, swapping for plasma pistol to deal with mechanical enemies. With Gunslinger a more feasible stratregy looks like using dual ADV 9mm weapons, and then switch to plasma pistols in Io, or using some other rare finds.

So I don't see a clear advantage of Gunslinger over Headshot as such; it's the whole package of Marine or Scout vs Tech that could make one build stronger than the other.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 09:38 »

Huh...  I may have to check that out at some point.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]