Jupiter Hell > Post Mortem

[0.8.8|U|Te|AoMr|YAVP] - pistol frenzy

(1/3) > >>

khiijol:
starting frenzy trait here gave an incredible advantage - frenzy x5 with just the 9mm calibrated was doing ridiculous damage, i think up to 165+ on bots with headshot. im not sure how damage is calculated with this exactly. nice bonus find was the adv revolver which was just as powerful was as the P2A standard, but had +50 crit bonus. i found a vampiric mod which came a little too late to be super useful, but its a cool idea. this was my first game since starting 0.8.8, and first win in a few weeks, so dare i tempt fate and say its almost too easy?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)khiijol, level 13 Technician, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 10536 turns.
The run time was 1h 58m 6s.
He scored 6249 points.
He was ULTRAVIOLENT!
He was an Angel of Marksmanship!

CALLISTO L3 -> Valhalla Terminal L1
Valhalla Terminal L2 -> Valhalla Command
Valhalla Command - cleared
EUROPA L3 -> Europa Dig Zone L1
Europa Dig Zone L2 -> Tyre Outpost
Tyre Outpost - cleared
IO L4 -> Io Warehouse
Io Warehouse - cleared
BEYOND L1 -> The Arena

Awards
  Medal of Prejudice (+200)
   * Won with 100% kills
  CRI Star (bronze cluster) (+25)
   * 25+ kills without taking damage
  Explorer Ribbon (+50)
   * Visited all encountered special levels
  Marksman Bronze Badge
   * Reach Io on Angel of Marksmanship
  Marksman Silver Badge
   * Complete Angel of Marksmanship (AoMr)
  Marksman Gold Badge
   * Complete AoMr on Hard

He killed 491 out of 491 enemies.

7 former CRI soldiers
  3 military bots
  12 former soldiers
  25 reavers
  3 hellish soldiers
  10 corrupted soldiers
  19 turrets
  6 exalted soldiers
  12 exalted fiends
  13 armored ravagers
  3 plasma ravagers
  9 siege ravagers
  12 security drones
  12 CRI bots
  14 CRI marines
  1 summoner
  34 fiends
  53 fire fiends
  6 exalted reavers
  5 toxic reavers
  31 security bots
  2 former CRI guards
  4 former grunts
  25 ravagers
  26 former guards
  37 archreavers
  1 former CRI grunt
  9 hellish commandos
  3 former heavys
  10 corrupted commandos
  3 corrupted sergeants
  1 hellish sergeant
  6 corrupted heavys
  10 former commandos
  4 hellish heavys
  2 kerbeross
  7 former sergeants
  1 military drone
  9 exalted kerbeross
  3 former CRI sergeants
  7 cryobeross
  1 toxiberos
  16 rocket turrets
  6 combat drones
  15 cryoreavers

Traits
  Tough as Nails L1
  Juggler
  Packrat L1
  Son of a Gun L2
  Whizkid L2
  Hacker L2
  Remote Hack
  Tinkerer
  Headshot

Equipment
  Slot #1 : 9mm calibrated V
  Slot #2 : CRI plasma pistol P3
  Slot #3 : ADV .44 revolver P2
  Body    : ADV blue armor PB
  Utility : ADV pistol damage amp

Inventory
  energy cell (x100)
  energy cell (x100)
  energy cell (x18)
  .44 ammo (x46)
  9mm ammo (x60)
  smoke grenade (x1)
  multitool (x5)
  small medkit (x2)
  large medkit
  large medkit
  large medkit

--- End code ---

Andizee:
Congrats! Have you tried the Headshot built with Scout in 0.8.7 or earlier? I wonder if Headshot with Tech feels stronger.
I also had one attempt in 0.8.8, AoMr as Scout Gunsliger built (YASD). I used .44 revolver+Adv 9mm pistol as main weapons and got into serious ammo management problems. Using .44 ammo with Gunsliger, at least until Scavenger is online, seems suboptimal.

Moonshine Fox:
Any .44 weapon is going to start running dry about halfway through Europa. But I did find a lot more of it in my last run and considered picking up two adv revolvers because of it, but opted not to. With enough P mods I think at least one 44 could take you all the way.

khiijol:
i played a couple games with headshot in scout in 0.8.7, but no wins - the closest i got was somewhere in io, after opening up a door i was greeted with fast exalted reavers in my face, and while i was able to bring two down, the last one killed me

i have yet to play around with the mechanics of gunslinger, but it does seem on the surface like dualwielding revolvers would be untenable rather quickly. however, two unmodded 9mms would be enough to oneshot formers, and after the frenzy bonus kicks in, you should be able to bring down larger enemies without much trouble. a revolver (ideally adv in damage, but building to a P3A standard should be fine too) would be good in the third gun slot after you take gun hoarder to save for emergencies like armored ravagers, exalted melee enemies, etc. once you get into io, it seems like the logical choice would be to just ditch 9mm altogether and throw everything into two plasma pistols

Moonshine Fox:

--- Quote from: khiijol on February 04, 2020, 09:35 ---once you get into io, it seems like the logical choice would be to just ditch 9mm altogether and throw everything into two plasma pistols

--- End quote ---
Well, I would've done that in my last run but only one ever dropped. And to be fair, if you don't go to the CRI Labs, you are probably going to be ammo-starved before the end of Beyond. There's not as much energy cells as you think there is. It looks like it's everywhere, but enemies drop small amounts and *every* plasma weapon just chunks cells. Shotgun is 4, Rifle is 3, Pistols are 2. I'd say the pistol is the worst one for damage vs cells spent, but I haven't actually done the math on it so I might be wrong.

But just the pure fact that even with pistols, your cell count is 50% of what it looks like is a pretty nasty hit. And with Gunslinger, you're now chonking two guns, so 4 per shot. Same as the shotgun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version