Jupiter Hell > Post Mortem

[0.8.8|U|Te|AoMr|YAVP] - pistol frenzy

<< < (2/3) > >>

khiijol:
i dont remember exact figures but a P3 plasma pistol + 20% utility was doing around 35 damage per shot so figure around 17/18 per cell, which performs slightly better than a P2 rifle and probably slightly less than a P2 shotgun with shotgun damage utility. with frenzy however, this goes up a great deal, and io on uv has a tendency for the cri to aggressively engage with other mobs, giving you entire rooms of dead marines with their cells behind. it would certainly be a more interesting juggling of the ammo types than a headshot build

Kornel Kisielewicz:
To be honest, the frenzy is a bug due to copying it from Angel of Shotgunnery O.o

khiijol:
so i was right, it is too easy :)

Bonedaddy:

--- Quote from: Moonshine Fox on February 04, 2020, 13:52 ---Well, I would've done that in my last run but only one ever dropped. And to be fair, if you don't go to the CRI Labs, you are probably going to be ammo-starved before the end of Beyond. There's not as much energy cells as you think there is. It looks like it's everywhere, but enemies drop small amounts and *every* plasma weapon just chunks cells. Shotgun is 4, Rifle is 3, Pistols are 2. I'd say the pistol is the worst one for damage vs cells spent, but I haven't actually done the math on it so I might be wrong.

But just the pure fact that even with pistols, your cell count is 50% of what it looks like is a pretty nasty hit. And with Gunslinger, you're now chonking two guns, so 4 per shot. Same as the shotgun.

--- End quote ---
That would definitely explain why I was running low on plasma ammo near the end of my gunslinger victory run, and why I ended up having to dual wield the plasma gun and my 9mm together instead of two plasma guns in tandem.

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: Moonshine Fox on February 04, 2020, 13:52 ---...*every* plasma weapon just chunks cells. Shotgun is 4, Rifle is 3, Pistols are 2. I'd say the pistol is the worst one for damage vs cells spent, but I haven't actually done the math on it so I might be wrong.

--- End quote ---

I think you're right...  I'm not at my computer right now, but if memory serves, plasma shotguns do 60 damage with 4 cells, so 15 damage per cell...  plasma rifle does 12 damage per cell, and the plasma pistol does 22 damage per 2 cells, so 11 damage per cell.  That makes the pistol the weakest of them, which seems backwards; generally, the pistols are supposed to be the more ammo efficient weapons, that fire slower than rifles, but do more damage per shot.  Some re-balancing is probably in order.

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on February 04, 2020, 14:51 ---To be honest, the frenzy is a bug due to copying it from Angel of Shotgunnery O.o

--- End quote ---

Ah, darn, I knew it was too good to be true.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version