Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 17:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.8.8|H|Sc|4|YAAD] - When the game won't allow you to go on  (Read 1815 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Was doing great. Two decent weapons, and well on my way to Gunslinger L2 when I enter Callisto 4.

I spawn inside a room. I opened the door and was face to face with a security bot. It was a two-size door, so no way to get to cover quickly. Outside and to the left were two former soldiers.

I stealthed to get away and turned to the right and around the corner. The door on that side opens. Another Security bot. Are you serious? I keep running to try and find some cover to fight this onslaught of murder. Stealth wore off. Start taking tons of damage.

Dove around the second corner of the box I started in, now down to 40% HP after using two healthpacks. Two drones. Out of tricks.

Dead.

Thanks RNG. Yet Another Annoying Death.
That's just unwinnable. I can't see what I could've done differently, aside from possibly take two facefull salvos from the first security bot in order to get to cover and heal up, then take it down. But I doubt I would've survived that either.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 15:37 by Moonshine Fox »
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

Andizee

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.8|H|Sc|4|YAAD] - When the game won't allow you to go on
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 15:19 »

Sometimes RNG is just nasty.
My last UV AoCo run was also doing great, until in mid-Io I opened a door to face 3 exalted regen-deadly-whatnot reavers. As a Marine no chance to run away. They eat health too fast, Adrenaline and three big medkits could only prolong the agony. I don't think there was a way to get out of that situation. 

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: [0.8.8|H|Sc|4|YAAD] - When the game won't allow you to go on
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 15:39 »

Please do report such situations. The game is supposed to be hard on HARD or UV, but there should be always be a chance for a way out. Those two situations could probably be saved by a CRI Phase, maybe they should drop on Callisto?
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]