Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.8.8b|E|Sc|YAAM] - Gunslinger Is My First Love (First JH Win... Ever)  (Read 3057 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have not won a single game of JH, and I was getting sick of that.  So I wussed out and got on Easy, and went forth with Gunslinger, the build that I've always enjoyed playing back in DRL.

I could've had my first win yesterday (had two ADV 9mm Pistols, one of which had Ignite and Cold on it!), but in a rash to shoot fast, I forgot to heal and got YASD.  Today, I finally had my first win, and can sleep better at night knowing that I have won one game on JH (despite it being Easy).

Question: How does a weapon with both Ignite and Cold work?  Ignite was intrinsic to the weapon, while Cold was from a mod -- do they nullify their effects, stack on top, or only the last one applied works?  I think I only saw Frozen status applied on the mobs, but I could be mistaken.

I'm not going to discuss my "tactics" because I'm playing on Easy like a scrub, and well, I don't have the kind of time I used to have 10 years go to try all kinds of crazy things.  =)

Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.  That way, it makes it easier for folks to learn play styles and what-not.  I also liked the old screenshot of the final screen as a way of memorialising the win/death, but that can be something for the [far] future.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:03 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

Congrats!

Unfortunately status effect nullify each other, so if you stack a cold or emp mod over a ignite weapon, the ignite is effectively lost.

Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.  That way, it makes it easier for folks to learn play styles and what-not.
Added to task list.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:20 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Thanks for the congratulations!  =D

Unfortunately status effect nullify each other, so if you stack a cold or emp mod over a ignite weapon, the ignite is effectively lost.
What happens if I have one pistol with Ignite (pistol 1), and the other with Cold (pistol 2), while running Gunslinger?  What will proc then?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/

The weapons are treated fully separately.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Hey, congrats on your win!  :D

Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.

Careful, there.  Comparing JH to DRL is one of Kornel's pet peeves.  :P  Bring back kill percentages.

Added to task list.

Ooh, this is valuable information.  Good to know!  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

The weapons are treated fully separately.
So... it is possible for a mob to be both frozen and burning?

* thelaptop ponders carefully

Thanks Tormuse!  Not as illustrious as you though hahaha!

Careful, there.  Comparing JH to DRL is one of Kornel's pet peeves.  :P  Bring back kill percentages.

Wasn't really trying to compare to DRL, but more on feeding some things I find useful to eventually up my game.  =)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 17:31 by thelaptop »

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

Thanks Tormuse!  Not as illustrious as you though hahaha!

Illustrious or not, it's pretty rare to see mortems from you, so it's nice to see.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]