Jupiter Hell > Post Mortem

[0.8.8b|E|Sc|YAAM] - Gunslinger Is My First Love (First JH Win... Ever)

(1/2) > >>

thelaptop:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Flynn Taggart, level 12 Scout, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 8626 turns.
The run time was 1h 25m 53s.
He scored 2801 points.
He wanted to take it EASY.

CALLISTO L2 -> Callisto Mines L1
Callisto Mines L2 -> Callisto Anomaly
Callisto Anomaly - cleared

Awards
  Medal of Prejudice (+200)
   * Won with 100% kills
  JoviSec Silver Badge
   * Win a game
  CRI Bronze Badge
   * Win any game with 100% kills

He killed 335 out of 335 enemies.

1 summoner
  11 former soldiers
  2 former CRI guards
  36 fire fiends
  2 corrupted sergeants
  6 corrupted grunts
  3 former CRI soldiers
  11 turrets
  7 rocket turrets
  3 corrupted heavys
  8 toxic reavers
  16 former grunts
  4 cryoreavers
  23 former guards
  3 siege ravagers
  2 military drones
  19 CRI marines
  2 former CRI commandos
  12 reavers
  2 hellish soldiers
  6 plasma ravagers
  4 former CRI grunts
  6 security bots
  8 combat drones
  1 toxiberos
  2 corrupted commandos
  33 fiends
  16 security drones
  1 cryoberos
  22 archreavers
  2 CRI guards
  5 hellish heavys
  14 ravagers
  11 CRI bots
  3 former CRI sergeants
  2 cybeross
  4 hellish commandos
  1 kerberos
  8 armored ravagers
  20 corrupted soldiers
  7 former sergeants

Traits
  Hellrunner L2
  Pinpoint L1
  Son of a Gun L2
  Steady shot
  Gunslinger L2
  Deadly precision
  Dodgemaster
  Running

Equipment
  Slot #1 : ADV 9mm pistol PB
  Slot #2 : 9mm pistol PB
  Body    : blue armor PB
  Utility : CRI pistol power control

Inventory
  9mm ammo (x100)
  9mm ammo (x100)
  9mm ammo (x100)
  9mm ammo (x26)
  multitool (x3)
  large medkit

--- End code ---

I have not won a single game of JH, and I was getting sick of that.  So I wussed out and got on Easy, and went forth with Gunslinger, the build that I've always enjoyed playing back in DRL.

I could've had my first win yesterday (had two ADV 9mm Pistols, one of which had Ignite and Cold on it!), but in a rash to shoot fast, I forgot to heal and got YASD.  Today, I finally had my first win, and can sleep better at night knowing that I have won one game on JH (despite it being Easy).

Question: How does a weapon with both Ignite and Cold work?  Ignite was intrinsic to the weapon, while Cold was from a mod -- do they nullify their effects, stack on top, or only the last one applied works?  I think I only saw Frozen status applied on the mobs, but I could be mistaken.

I'm not going to discuss my "tactics" because I'm playing on Easy like a scrub, and well, I don't have the kind of time I used to have 10 years go to try all kinds of crazy things.  =)

Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.  That way, it makes it easier for folks to learn play styles and what-not.  I also liked the old screenshot of the final screen as a way of memorialising the win/death, but that can be something for the [far] future.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
Congrats!

Unfortunately status effect nullify each other, so if you stack a cold or emp mod over a ignite weapon, the ignite is effectively lost.

--- Quote from: thelaptop on February 13, 2020, 01:58 ---Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.  That way, it makes it easier for folks to learn play styles and what-not.

--- End quote ---
Added to task list.

thelaptop:
Thanks for the congratulations!  =D

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on February 13, 2020, 02:18 ---Unfortunately status effect nullify each other, so if you stack a cold or emp mod over a ignite weapon, the ignite is effectively lost.

--- End quote ---
What happens if I have one pistol with Ignite (pistol 1), and the other with Cold (pistol 2), while running Gunslinger?  What will proc then?

Kornel Kisielewicz:
The weapons are treated fully separately.

Tormuse:
Hey, congrats on your win!  :D

--- Quote from: thelaptop on February 13, 2020, 01:58 ---Side point though: maybe in the next update, we can have the progression of traits chosen in the mortem like how we used to have in DRL.

--- End quote ---

Careful, there.  Comparing JH to DRL is one of Kornel's pet peeves.  :P  Bring back kill percentages.

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on February 13, 2020, 02:18 ---Unfortunately status effect nullify each other, so if you stack a cold or emp mod over a ignite weapon, the ignite is effectively lost.
Added to task list.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, this is valuable information.  Good to know!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version