DoomRL > Discussion

Nightmare requires a tedious, boring play style

<< < (2/2)

flamewolf393:
Wait, nightmare is actually possible to beat? I cant even reliably beat im too young to die! Hundreds of tries and Ive beaten the game twice I think?

Sylph:

--- Quote from: flamewolf393 on November 04, 2020, 10:31 ---Wait, nightmare is actually possible to beat? I cant even reliably beat im too young to die! Hundreds of tries and Ive beaten the game twice I think?

--- End quote ---
Yep! Top doomrl players are tackling challenges (with some success) on nightmare like 'play angel of darkness + angel of marksmanship getting 50%+ kills' or 'complete the game with only 10/10hp (usually it's 50/50hp) with levelups off!

Standard N! play is pretty tame in comparison!

Are you using corners for cover and dropping medpacks to pull monsters out? With those alone no-nightmare games should be pretty straightforward to beat. x

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: flamewolf393 on November 04, 2020, 10:31 ---Wait, nightmare is actually possible to beat? I cant even reliably beat im too young to die! Hundreds of tries and Ive beaten the game twice I think?

--- End quote ---

I can confirm that it's very possible.  :)  Browse through the Nightmare forum sometime, and you'll see quite a lot of Nightmare wins from over the years.  (I've got quite a few, myself)  :)  What do you find is your most common cause of death in the game?  Maybe we can help you win more frequently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version