Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 12:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [N!|AoMC+AoMs|53%|4|YASD] At least I can PWN the Arena  (Read 4052 times)

ih8regin

• Captain
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile

It looks like N! AoMs is TOTALLY dependent on whether there are monsters in your close vicinity to pass through. My best distance so far was Hell Armory where I have "overslept" a rezzed revenant and it blasted me all my cover and almost into the lava. This time I was already shredded with an unloaded shotgun when I foolishly stepped out of my cover to lay a fire line - oh yeah, luckily I had an exit right beside, but the next level wasn't any better. Whoops. Actually I hate when the game can't let you aim with an empty weapon, I am too often hitting F then instead of aiming I had my face stuck out into the open - yes, with no ammo to fire, to add insult to injury. And AoMC doesn't tolerate such mistakes. But in this run I have earned my first Hell Arena Pwnage medal, so I decided to share it along with my thoughts. Probably I have reached my current ceiling in DoomRL, and UV starts looking like... hum, a sort of easy going, so I maybe stop playing for a while. However, these quarantine measures all over the world this while might not last too long so you people won't miss me XDDD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)

iainuki

• Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [N!|AoMC+AoMs|53%|4|YASD] At least I can PWN the Arena
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 15:25 »

Whoops. Actually I hate when the game can't let you aim with an empty weapon, I am too often hitting F then instead of aiming I had my face stuck out into the open - yes, with no ammo to fire, to add insult to injury.

There's an option you can set to create a prompt you have to clear with the Enter key when you try to fire with an empty weapon that can prevent that mistake.  I learned that from Tormuse, might be worth doing.
[20|17|16|12|5|2]

23/43 Medals

ih8regin

• Captain
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile
Re: [N!|AoMC+AoMs|53%|4|YASD] At least I can PWN the Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:17 »

There's an option you can set to create a prompt you have to clear with the Enter key when you try to fire with an empty weapon that can prevent that mistake.  I learned that from Tormuse, might be worth doing.
Ho, thanks, this really helped. I might be forgetting this stuff, earlier I was hardier when it comes to game options.
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)
Pages: [1]