Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 12:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.1|U|AoB|Sc|YASD] My best scout berserker so far...  (Read 1486 times)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

I've been trying to win Angel of Berserk for the last little while, alternating between all three character classes.  Of the three, I think Marine has the easiest time, thanks to the damage boost from Rip and Tear, which makes it a little confusing to me that the Scout got his abilities nerfed.  (Reduced energy from Energy Leech)  Still, I really wanted to see if I could play sneaky, sneaky style with a Ghost build.  This means wasting a level on Eagle Eye, but I think it would have been fun.  (I was so close to getting it!)

Unfortunately, I found the difficulty ramped up faster than my abilities.  When I was facing Cryoreavers and Ravagers in Europa, they were able to survive two critical hits each, and I didn't have energy to spare, so all my sneaky tactics weren't enough to prevent me from taking lots of damage and I depleted my resources pretty quickly.

Still, this run was notable for the fact that I was able to conquer Calsec Central, so that was pretty cool.  :)  And when I played the next level, and faced all the shut down bots, I was still able to leech energy off them, so that was also pretty cool.  :)

I did encounter what seemed to be a bug, though.  The Av3 Machete I got from Calsec Central had Disrupt 3, so naturally, I used it against mechanical enemies, (even though it took four hits against everything, because of the slash damage) and I discovered that if a Calsec Sentry starts chainfiring, it continues firing, even if it's disrupted.  At first, I thought maybe they just mindlessly fire in the same direction, like they're stuck with their finger on the trigger, but when I moved, the supposedly disrupted bot was still able to track me with its weapon as it continued firing.

Tormuse, level 6 Scout, killed on
Refueling Base by a archreaver.

He survived for 4547 turns.
The run time was 1h 35m 8s.
He scored 1722 points.
He was ULTRAVIOLENT!
He was an Angel of Berserk!

CALLISTO L2 -> Mimir Habitat L1
Mimir Habitat L3 -> CalSec Central
CalSec Central - cleared
EUROPA L4 -> Refueling Base

He killed 148 out of 228 enemies.

2 ravagers
  10 exalted soldiers
  14 fire fiends
  22 CalSec sentrys
  2 security bots
  3 turrets
  18 former soldiers
  4 former heavys
  3 military drones
  4 cryoreavers
  4 former grunts
  15 fiends
  4 security sentrys
  17 former commandos
  16 CalSec bots
  5 former guards
  4 former sergeants
  10 corrupted soldiers
  2 combat drones
  1 cryoberos
  10 security drones
  2 corrupted heavys

Traits
  Skilled L2
  Eagle Eye
  Energy leech L2

Trait order
  Skl->EnL->Skl->EnL->EE

Equipment
  Slot #1 : AV3 machete
  Slot #2 : combat knife PBA
  Body    : blue armor
  Utility :  - NONE -

Inventory
  multitool (x1)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]