Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.1|E|Ma|15|YAAM] This is my BOOMSTICK!  (Read 1426 times)

Bonedaddy

• Lance Corporal
  • Devil Slayer
    • View Profile
[0.9.1|E|Ma|15|YAAM] This is my BOOMSTICK!
« on: June 23, 2020, 13:52 »

So my runs through Jupiter Hell have been pretty rough going. I experimented with all different kinds of builds, but ended up dying over and over again, usually by 1.) getting stupid and recklessly rushing through, 2.) running out of health items near the end of shit, and 3.) being unlucky. But I have finally gotten my hands on my second major win, through my first successful shotgun run.

Flynn Taggart, level 15 Marine, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 10048 turns.
The run time was 1h 37m 5s.
He scored 2997 points.
He wanted to take it EASY.

CALLISTO L2 -> Mimir Habitat L1
Mimir Habitat L3 -> CalSec Central
CalSec Central - cleared
EUROPA L2 -> Conamara Chaos Biolabs L1
Conamara Chaos Biolabs L2 -> Containment Area
Containment Area - cleared
IO L2 -> Io Black Site L1
Io Black Site L2 -> Black Site Vaults
Black Site Vaults - cleared
BEYOND L2 -> Limbo
Limbo - cleared

Awards
  Explorer Ribbon (+50)
   * Visited all encountered special levels
  Conqueror Ribbon (+100)
   * Completed all encountered special levels

He killed 346 out of 336 enemies.

34 archreavers
  3 corrupted grunts
  21 fiends
  7 plasma ravagers
  2 military bots
  6 exalted fiends
  5 rocket turrets
  21 turrets
  4 security sentrys
  1 former CRI grunt
  4 CalSec bots
  5 exalted reavers
  2 CRI guards
  7 former CRI soldiers
  1 Summoner
  3 exalted kerbeross
  2 corrupted sergeants
  1 hellish sergeant
  29 ravagers
  9 combat drones
  16 former soldiers
  13 former guards
  31 fire fiends
  2 siege ravagers
  10 former sergeants
  1 cryoberos
  1 corrupted heavy
  4 CRI marines
  6 hellish soldiers
  1 military drone
  1 hellish heavy
  4 former CRI commandos
  6 corrupted soldiers
  4 hellish commandos
  13 former grunts
  3 toxic reavers
  2 former CRI sergeants
  3 armored ravagers
  5 CRI bots
  12 reavers
  5 corrupted commandos
  2 cybeross
  17 security drones
  8 cryoreavers
  6 kerbeross
  7 CalSec sentrys
  1 toxiberos
  4 security bots

Traits
  Skilled L1
  Hellrunner L2
  Ironman L2
  Tough as Nails L1
  Reloader L2
  Field Medic
  Reload Dance
  Incoming!
  ARMY OF DARKNESS L3

Trait order
  Rel->Rel->RDa->Iro->Iro->MAD->FMc->Ski->
  MAD->Hr->Hr->MAD->Inc->TaN

Equipment
  Slot #1 : AV2 plasma shotgun A
  Slot #2 : AV3 12ga shotgun PA
  Slot #3 : AV3 plasma launcher
  Body    : red armor PBA
  Utility : CRI shotgun damage amp

Inventory
  energy cell (x100)
  energy cell (x100)
  12ga shell (x50)
  12ga shell (x50)
  12ga shell (x50)
  12ga shell (x26)
  multitool (x5)
  multitool (x3)
  small medkit (x1)
  large medkit
  large medkit

I wanted to go for Army of Darkness on this run, because I've had some big success with it before, and I managed to grab enough keys along the way to open all four of the Black Site Vaults and snag up what I needed from inside, and still have two keys left over. The thing which ultimately led to my victory, however, was careful health pack management and use of my multitools to keep myself in health and armor, as well as modding up the red armor that I got my hands on later on with power, bulk and accuracy mods.

The AV3 shotgun was gotten in CalSec Central after I cleared out the bad guys and booked it through instead of engaging the robo-sentries, taking the tack of disabling them. Sometimes when going through a run, especially on melee, I'll go through and tear apart the already disabled bots, and in fact, I had to destroy one disabled bot just to get to the transport to Europa at the end of the Callisto section. The AV2 Plasma Shotgun was gotten off an exalted pack in Io, after I had gotten acquainted with another plasma shotgun at the start of Io. The power and accuracy mods I put on the first boomstick in particular when combined with Army of Darkness meant that few enemies could stand up to me, especially once I got my hands on the CRI Shotgun Damage Amp in the Vaults. As I mentioned before, I had gotten my hands on enough keys along the way to open all the vaults and still have about two keys left over, which allowed me to mod up a lot of my gear.

I played very conservatively in Beyond (Hell) due to knowledge of how carelessness can get you killed even at the end. Near the end, I ended up picking up an AV3 Plasma Launcher, which allowed me to get rid of the rockets I was carrying for my other big launcher. I never did end up using the Plasma Launcher considering it was so late in the run. I didn't see any exits to The Arena like in other runs, and I'm wondering if it was taken out. I did have to go through Limbo, but only had to kill like five enemies before exploring everything and exiting out. Much like my last run through, I had to face the Summoner upon entering the portal on the third level of Beyond, and just like before, I kicked its ass.

I did not get the Medal of Prejudice or the other 100% kill achievements this time around, though I count it as a YAAM anyway because when I go through JH, I like to kill everything. While looking through the final mortem, I noticed that I was roughly ten kills over the maximum amount of bad guys there were, which has happened with some other people on these boards before. From what I've been able to learn, it's got something to do with how the CalSec level works (killing all the enemies on the first part grants you the 100%, then you have to contend with 10 sentry bots that you either have to kill or disable in order to get the goodies in the vault). Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 19:29 by Bonedaddy »
Pages: [1]