Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.1|E|Ma|MVM|16|YAAM] The Slayer Has Entered the Facility  (Read 2829 times)

Bonedaddy

• Lance Corporal
  • Devil Slayer
    • View Profile

So I finally managed to tear through Jupiter Hell on a melee build after countless unsuccessful attempts. I still haven't been able to crank out a victory on anything other than a marine, but this melee run was really memorable because of what happened toward the end of it.

Flynn Taggart, level 16 Marine, defeated
The Summoner against all odds.
He survived for 8153 turns.
The run time was 1h 3m 1s.
He scored 3085 points.
He wanted to take it EASY.

CALLISTO L2 -> Mimir Habitat L1
Mimir Habitat L3 -> CalSec Central
CalSec Central - cleared
EUROPA L2 -> Conamara Chaos Biolabs L1
Conamara Chaos Biolabs L2 -> Containment Area
Containment Area - cleared
IO L2 -> Io Black Site L1
Io Black Site L2 -> Black Site Vaults
Black Site Vaults - cleared
The Shattered Abyss - cleared
BEYOND L2 -> Limbo
Limbo - cleared

Awards
  Explorer Ribbon (+50)
   * Visited all encountered special levels
  Conqueror Ribbon (+100)
   * Completed all encountered special levels

He killed 364 out of 354 enemies.

1 Swordmaster
  9 former CRI soldiers
  8 former soldiers
  15 reavers
  2 hellish soldiers
  16 corrupted soldiers
  24 turrets
  9 exalted fiends
  6 armored ravagers
  1 siege ravager
  7 plasma ravagers
  13 security drones
  4 CRI bots
  9 CRI marines
  2 exalted ravagers
  1 Summoner
  18 fiends
  18 fire fiends
  8 toxic reavers
  2 former CRI guards
  2 CRI guards
  22 former grunts
  2 corrupted guards
  3 corrupted grunts
  37 ravagers
  24 former guards
  27 archreavers
  2 former CRI commandos
  4 former CRI grunts
  8 hellish commandos
  2 corrupted commandos
  4 corrupted sergeants
  3 CalSec sentrys
  1 security bot
  1 hellish sergeant
  4 corrupted heavys
  1 hellish heavy
  7 kerbeross
  10 former sergeants
  3 CalSec bots
  3 exalted kerbeross
  3 former CRI sergeants
  2 cryobeross
  1 toxiberos
  6 rocket turrets
  7 combat drones
  11 cryoreavers

Traits
  Skilled L2
  Furious L2
  Hellrunner L2
  Ironman L2
  Rip and tear L2
  Field Medic
  Incoming!
  VAMPYRE L3

Trait order
  RaT->Hr->RaT->Hr->Iro->MVM->Inc->Iro->
  MVM->FMc->Ski->MVM->Fur->Fur->Ski

Equipment
  Slot #1 : AV3 katana
  Slot #2 : demonic sword
  Slot #3 : AV3 12ga auto-shotgun
  Body    : blue armor
  Utility :  - NONE -

Inventory
  12ga shell (x50)
  12ga shell (x50)
  12ga shell (x2)
  EMP grenade (x3)
  frag grenade (x3)
  smoke grenade (x2)
  stimpack (x1)
  small medkit (x3)
  small medkit (x3)
  small medkit (x2)
  large medkit
  large medkit

It started out like most of my other runs. My first big melee weapon was my combat knife, which I ended up using in conjunction with my boomstick until such time as I got my hands on a machete in CalSec Central. CalSec Central, because of its bug, is why I do not have the Medal of Prejudice or the other achievement related to 100% kills, but considering that I primarily seek to kill everything on every level, I count it as a YAAM.

My weapon of choice for the run, which I would not get until Europa, was the Katana, which I ended up modding until I got my hands on an AV2 sword during my run through Io. With my Fury-based damage bonus, I had no problem ripping and tearing through Reavers, Kerberoi, and even Ravagers, though CRI bots gave me just a little trouble. I ended up going through the Black Site Vaults, which I managed to get three out of four of while rip-and-tearing through more reavers, kerberoi and ravagers. The turrets were the primary reason I packed something other than a melee weapon on this run, as one of my last attempts to go through the Vaults ended up getting me killed by turret crossfire as I didn't have a weapon capable of destroying them from afar.

The turning point of the run came soon after I entered Beyond. Somehow I managed to trigger the reactivation of the portal I used to get to Hell (I think melee kills in the central room trigger it), and instead of going to Beyond L2 like normal, I decided to take the portal, where I ended up in a place I had definitely not been to before called the Shattered Abyss. My opposition in there were primarily reavers of various kinds that I samurai'd my way through, and I had a new status effect on me called "Cursed", which I didn't know what it did. After killing everything in the level, I had to face a boss by the name of the Swordmaster, which with my build and my weapon I was able to put down with little problem before claiming his weapon, the Demonic Sword, which became my weapon for the rest of the run. The level in question reminded me quite a bit of DoomRL's Unholy Cathedral, which was kinda awesome actually.

With the Demonic Sword, I was able to tear my way through everything else in the run, including everything in Beyonds 2 and 3 and Limbo before facing off against the Summoner. By the time I faced the Summoner, my Red Armor was about to kick the bucket, so I ended up grabbing a blue armor from the two items presented to me in the Precipice of Defeat before facing off against the Summoner. The Demonic Sword made VERY quick work of the Summoner and his reavers, practically two-shotting the big bastard for my biggest victory in JH to date.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Woah woah WOAH... special content for melee builds?!

I am intrigued now!

And great win, by the way!
I computed, therefore I was.

PsihoKekec

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I reckon the Cursed status prevents any use of active abilities, as when I did it with Scout I couldn't use his teleport attack. Demon sword is absolutely awesome, but can't be used for Tehnician dual wielding master trait.

mihey1993

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

It also disallows using any other weapons but melee ones :D
Cyberdemon Br.General
[26/23/18/5/1]
Wanna complete any N! game with 90% or more kills...

Moonshine Fox

• Silver Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

It also disallows using any other weapons but melee ones :D
So quite literally the Cathedral then :)
Shoot at everything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later.

khiijol

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

tougher and more balanced than the cathedral i think - you can't just brute your way through the swordsman like you can with AOD, as he can very easily one shot you (or eat up all your meds) if you're not careful
[26/26/24/20/7/2]
Pages: [1]