Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.8a|M|AoSh|Ma|YAAM] U MAD BRO?  (Read 2824 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
[0.9.8a|M|AoSh|Ma|YAAM] U MAD BRO?
« on: April 20, 2021, 04:39 »

Finally!  AoSh has been eluding me for quite a while, mostly because I couldn't wrap my head around the shotgun mechanics in JH for quite a while.  MAD has always been my favourite shotgun Master, and whenever I tried to go for it, I never seemed to make it there.

The trick was to really use EMP grenades in the early game on anything larger than a drone, and to retreat like crazy if need be, especially one only has the standard shotgun and not an auto-shotgun.

I was just confused that there was no Shottyman trait anymore -- I was scared about what would happen in late game when I couldn't reload while moving.

But AV3 shotgun AMP with Shotgun autoloader replaced the missing Shottyman.

The ENV helmet was obtained in the Noxious Hollow and served as a great of surviving random toxic damage.

I don't know what to do with the frozen heart.

I also don't know why I added a cold mod to my AV2 12ga dual shotgun when it has Molten 10 on it.

The CRI plasma shotgun was just for fun -- I added a vampire mod on it to act as a last minute healing device in case I don't have any medkits.  It eats energy cells (4 per shot), and I realised that energy cells now stack up to 100 (it used to be 50, right?).  It tshows how long since I switched to energy weapons.

This suddenly makes me want to try running a pistol run switching over to the CRI plasma pistol later on.

And with that, I've unlocked more challenge modes to play.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AoSh never felt this fun!  Thanks for the updates.  (=

I just want to add that I found a Jackhammer (not as useful as my AV2 12ga auto-shotgun PA), but it didn't show up in the mortem as part of the exotics found.  Maybe a section for this in a future update?
I computed, therefore I was.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.8a|M|AoSh|Ma|YAAM] U MAD BRO?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 13:42 »

Hey, congrats on the win!  :D

I was just confused that there was no Shottyman trait anymore -- I was scared about what would happen in late game when I couldn't reload while moving.

You were lucky to find the amp that provides that benefit.  You can also get it from a bulk mod, if you have Whizkid trait.

I don't know what to do with the frozen heart.

You and me both.  :P
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 04:53 »

Hey, congrats on the win!  :D

Thanks!  Not gonna lie, it feels great to have a win.  =)

You were lucky to find the amp that provides that benefit.  You can also get it from a bulk mod, if you have Whizkid trait.
Ooo... thanks for the tip!  Just realised that Whizkid has a different trait path to it as well.  I am totally not going to knock that luck played a big part of the sucess at AoSh.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 17:01 »

Ooo... thanks for the tip!  Just realised that Whizkid has a different trait path to it as well.  I am totally not going to knock that luck played a big part of the sucess at AoSh.

Do yourself a favour and try a technician run where you max out Whizkid.  There are tons of new weapon and armour upgrades available.  :)  (And the technician has the dismantle ability, so if you don't like what a mod does, you can get it back, and apply it to something else while choosing a new upgrade)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 21:20 »

Do yourself a favour and try a technician run where you max out Whizkid.  There are tons of new weapon and armour upgrades available.  :)  (And the technician has the dismantle ability, so if you don't like what a mod does, you can get it back, and apply it to something else while choosing a new upgrade)

Sounds like the next type of run I should go for!  Thanks for the heads up! 
Pages: [1]