Jupiter Hell > Post Mortem

[1.2 RC2|U|Sc|YAAM] Pirate/Assassin/Zombie

<< < (2/3) > >>

CaptainSublime:
Yeah honestly UV and below are literal 'holiday' modes to me now. Not saying that I am amazing at the game, but N! is way more intense and requires way more concentration. I have to plan how I approach doors in N! I have to switch weapons all the time. Long range  when I need long line of sight, then down to close range when I approach a door. In N! It matters what weapon you have in your hand. In UV it doesn't, you just switch to the required weapon when combat begins.

What with all the talk around here now about Apocalypse mode, and you freaks getting Apocalypse badges and whatnot, I kind of miss the good ol' days when beating N! was an actual achievement worth mentioning. 0_o

thelaptop:

--- Quote from: CaptainSublime on December 09, 2021, 05:07 ---Yeah honestly UV and below are literal 'holiday' modes to me now.

What with all the talk around here now about Apocalypse mode, and you freaks getting Apocalypse badges and whatnot, I kind of miss the good ol' days when beating N! was an actual achievement worth mentioning. 0_o

--- End quote ---

Come on man... there're still dozens of us mortals who can't even complete Hard.

And then there are those who somehow complete N! without anything more than the basic traits.  You should really see what the OG legends from the earliest days of DRL/JH can pull off.  Those guys are scary too.

But that's not the most of us.  Sadly.  😟

Sylph:
I'm pretty sure getting wins on N! and A! are more an exception than a commonality.

I do agree with the points about constantly changing weapons to be prepared for upcoming events, although there is always a flip-side from the fact that the time spent changing weapons can actually be punishing in '!' difficulty levels due to the respawn 'time limit'.

I also feel that UV and below are kinda relaxing, but I know I only feel that way from playing on the higher difficulties! I certainly wouldn't call hard or UV anything like a walk in the park, and there is definitely a need for some degree of strategy - if not having the right weapons ready, then good use of cover etc are required instead!

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: CaptainSublime on December 09, 2021, 05:07 ---...I kind of miss the good ol' days when beating N! was an actual achievement worth mentioning. 0_o

--- End quote ---

I have a feeling that you're joking, but I'm gonna say anyway that I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that N! victories are still notable achievements...  especially with the addition of Dante, which ramps up the difficulty considerably from earlier versions.

Sylph:
I'm *so* glad someone mentioned nightmare difficulty increasing (/dante)!
I've read accounts of nightmare being easier than it used to be, and in my experience it got *far* harder over the last year!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version