Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 15:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Your traits of choice?  (Read 14656 times)

sn0rb

• Sergeant
  • Blue. Ninja. Needs. Wii. Badly.
    • View Profile
    • Random Ranting
Re: Your traits of choice?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 21:20 »

In order, Reloader I and Reloader II, Shottyman, Ironman I, Tough as Nails I and II, and the one time I got to level 7, Ironman II.

Let's just assume the following about that playthrough:
1. Walking around in Coward Mode with a double shotgun and five hundred shotgun shells was FUN. >=D
2. I got lucky to spawn a double shotgun on Phobos Base 4.
3. Having a field of fire that took up the whole screen on the (then) bugged "Monsters come at you from all directions!" level made me wish I carried a chaingun instead of a rocket launcher as my sidearm. (Don't ask.)
Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and science and do it anyway!

modular

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 02:34 »

For v 0.9.8.8B:

Traits I pick during my games:

- Normal game (using chaingun):
SoB->SoB->TH->TH->EE->EE->Cat->Iro->SoB->Cat->EE->Iro->

Combo 1: SoB->SoB->TH->TH->...
You need 2x SoB for TH. Triggerhappy will increase your damage by:
SoB1: 1d6x5 -> 1d7x5 (+17%)
SoB2: 1d7x5 -> 1d8x5 (+14%)
TH1:  1d8x5 -> 1d8x7 (+40%)
TH2: 1d8x7 -> 1d8x9 (+30%)
Total: 1d6x5 -> 1d8x9 (+140%)

Combo 2: ...->EE->EE->Cat->...
To further multiply the damage output I take EE. 2x EE lets me take Cat and that wil increase my range. Note that Cat is much cheaper than intuition wich requires 3 traits to detect monsters.

Iro is for survivability, and the effect is multiplied by using health packs/orbs (more hp is regenerated= more dmg prevention).

- Angel of Berserk:
Bru->Bru->Ber->Ber->Ber->Iro->Iro->EE->Iro->

- Agel of Marksmanship:
SoG->SoG->SoG->Fin->Fin->Iro->WK->WK->Iro->EE->EE->Cat

Once you get to WK1 and WK2 you can start adding mods till you get this:
advanced pistol (2d7) [13/13] (D3R3S3M3)
This is why one gun is so much more powerfull than choosing dualgunner, so don't take DG.

Ironman wil fix your low HP, and EE/Cat wil give you more acc/range, after that your unstopable.

Traits, and what they do

- Ironman adds 10 hp to your 50 base hp, this means a 20% increase (also makes health packs/orbs 20% more effective)
- Tough as nails adds 1 armour to your base armour of 1-2-4-6, adding 100%-50%-25%-17%

- Finesse adds 10% speed (x2 needed for Whizkid)
- Whizkid lets you add enhancements, 4 for advanced weapons, increasing this ability is worth 4 traits for the price of one.

- Son of a bitch adds one damage, for a chaingun this is a 17% increase, for a pistol a 25% increase the first lvl

- Eagle Eye adds 4 points to chance to hit, im not sure what % increase that is
- Cateye adds one range to your view, essential for not getting hit

- Son of a gun +1 dmg and +20% speed for pistol, ~45% increase
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:40 by modular »

Kjoery

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 13:06 »

I love wizkid. 3 mods to a regular weapon generally is all the mods that I need anyways, giving me a rocket launcher with 3 reload before the wall (if I'm lucky) and a chaingun with 3 speed. Good fun.

commodorejohn

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 19:59 »

Depends on what kind of game I'm playing. If I'm just straight-out looking to win the game, I progressively max out Tough As Nails, Ironman, and Eagle Eye (since I'm usually using the chaingun in such games, and it's much more effective if you actually hit what you're aiming at.) If I'm taking one of my attempts at beating the game with only shotguns and the rocket launcher, I'll start with two levels of Reloader, Shottyman, and then Ironman or TAN depending on my whim. Finally, if I'm taking a crack at Angel Of Marksmanship (my favorite challenge mode,) I get two levels of Son Of A Gun, max out Dualgunner, max out SoaG, and then throw whatever's left into Ironman or TAN.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All