Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|ArchAo666|100%|YAAM] Masterless Scout Full Clear  (Read 3476 times)

Icy

• Second Lieutenant
  • First-try Veteran Angelic Badge
    • View Profile
[U|ArchAo666|100%|YAAM] Masterless Scout Full Clear
« on: November 27, 2022, 20:59 »

Fun challenge! I always wanted to do one of these and finally got around to it. It gets pretty easy after your build is fully decked out and enemies are no longer much of a threat, but it's still pretty enjoyable to go through.

For this game, I opted to go with a masterless Scout as I figure that all the best weapons don't benefit too much from most master traits and Scout is generally the best masterless class. Given that Intuition requires Eagle Eye, Badass requires Tough as Nails, and Whizkid requires Finesse, going Scout means I can skip two traits (Eagle Eye) and have a bit more room for other traits.

I took many screenshots to cover all the highlights.

I was very lucky to find a Laser Rifle, which is one of my ideal weapons. Once made with Nanomanufacture Ammo, and especially with (F), I can melt basically everything and without needing to get Eagle Eye.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nasty Arachnotron cave early on.

Cute placement of Technical Packs. No, I did not make Grappling Boots or Micro Launcher.

Very nasty start.

Another critical weapon to ease the mid-game. Having a cheap source of semi-infinite ammo helps a ton, especially with UV using up so much more ammo compared to easier difficulties.

More cute item placements.

Dragonslayer! Although I wasn't going to use it, but I couldn't have picked it up anyway.

Somewhat early Onyx Pack is very nice. It would later go into a Cerberus Armor.

Another excellent mid-game weapon, and potentially late-game weapon with a Nuclear BFG!

10 floors later and I found another BFG! I definitely prefer making Biggest Fucking Gun in a regular one for more power and 2.5 shots per clip, but it would require a Nano Pack.

Really rough start here.

Firestorm Pack! I opted to hang onto it for awhile as I may have wanted to use it for Laser Rifle instead of a BFG.

Inventory on floor 71.

Nano Pack! Floor 89 was pretty late in finding one, but the game was about to get significantly easier with an end-game Laser Rifle and no more ammo clogging inventory space.

2 floors later I found another rofl. This one would be save for a BFG.

Yet another Onyx Pack. I used it for a Phaseshift Armor with (PAO).

Another BFG!

And another! I figured having 3 was already likely overkill since each one requires 2 Firestorm Packs. At least Nuclear BFG is usable without them, but a regular BFG is just an ammo drain, which I didn't want to bother with.

Level 25 on floor 108.

Yet another Firestorm Pack!

And also another Onyx Pack lol. This one I left behind.

2 floors later, no seriously, I don't need any more.

I found another Plasma Shield, which I figured might come in handy. They don't get used often, but do tend to break pretty easily.

A somewhat uncommon split island floor.

Or maybe not that uncommon, finding another one 2 floors later lol.

Really rough start.

Finally found a Super Shotgun! Nano Shrapnel Super Shotgun is another excellent weapon for clearing out groups of enemies, while Nanomanufacture Laser Rifle is better for single targets.

And another BFG, jeez.

More useless Onyx Packs.

And a third Nano Pack! This one would go into a regular BFG later.

Giant clog of a start lol.

This was actually the worst start yet and was pretty terrifying to be honest.

After dashing for some coverage, I got pretty dang close to dying!

And after using a Homing Phase Device and going through all 8 of my Large Med Packs...

I managed to just barely survive. I would have been horribly devastated if I died this far in.

My inventory got wiped pretty badly, so it was a good thing I hung onto as many Med Packs as I did.

More BFGs!

And another Dragonslayer lol. Still not picking it up.

More Onyx Packs!

And another Nano Pack!

Since I already had a spare waiting for another Firestorm Packs, I made Antigrav Phaseshift Boots.

My first Sniper Pack, although I didn't have any need for it.

And finally another Firestorm Pack!

With it, I made arguably the single best weapon in the game, at least in terms of clearing out floors of everything. I held onto my other BFGs should I find more packs so that I can rotate between them and effectively give myself 4 such shots.

Another scary Nightmare Arachnotron cave...

...now trivialized!

A Shambler floor!

I overlooked the fact that each action would result in a pile of them teleporting all at once, but fortunately I was Invulnerable.

More Sniper Packs.

And another.

...and another...

Party house of enemies. Glad I wasn't invited.

Horrible start, but again made easy having Biggest Fucking Gun.

On a floor with a rush of lava as well as some teleporters in the level, it seemed like some Cacodemon or something caused this error. Fortunately, it didn't crash my game or anything bad.

Another brutal start, but again, BFG saves the day.

Quite the bright light.

Another scary start if not for BFG.

Brutal clog of a start lol.

More Plasma Shields. I'm good on skipping this one.

This was a silly start.

Another split island floor.

Many Pain Elementals on this floor!

I opted to charge into the middle.

And made a big boom!

Another Sniper Pack.

More bad starts.

One particular Baron was seemingly unkillable, which was very confusing until it actually died.

Quite a mosaic of fluids. The Radiation Suit is a nice touch.

Yet another split island.

Another Lava Elemental cave.

I took some nice coverage and lured them all in.

Getting some seriously dense starts.

More split islands.

Insane enemy density.

I entered another Lava Elemental cave and since I had Invulnerability, I decided to let them get close for a big bang.

Except for the floor where I almost died, this was my absolute least favorite floor of the entire game. A maze with unbreakable walls and huge density.

This was another cute layout.

And my final status screen before ending the game. Still quite a bit away from Iron Skull damage lol.

And here's the mortem:

Overall, this wasn't too hard, just very long. Cerberus Armor (P) in Gothic Armor was excellent and I generally reduced damage enough that it hardly lost much durability and only had to use my backup Cerberus Armor (O) a few times. Phaseshift Armor set was mostly for if I got an awful floor with an auto-nuke, which I only ran into a couple times and they were all fortunately easy, so the set didn't get used at all. One wild thing is I never completed the Inquisitor Set, and actually didn't find quite a few different unique items. I mostly would have only used it for a Cyberdemon floor, but I never had one, and probably would have been fine anyway. Cerberus Armor and Boots did all the work needed.

Once I had assembled Biggest Fucking Gun (N), most floors were reduced to me firing it twice, and then cleaning up with Nanomanufacture Laser Rifle (F) and Nano Shrapnel Super Shotgun (P). Only a handful of times were particularly dangerous and the only concern was if I myself did something dumb. Fortunately, I did fine. I probably could have found a lot more Firestorm Packs to make more BFGs, but I was busy blowing up every floor and it's almost certain that I destroyed some. Having 2 or more Biggest Fucking Guns would have definitely been even more overkill. Finally, Hell Staff and Homing Phase Devices were only needed a few times to escape bad situations, and I honestly used them moreso to enter a floor with Invulnerability, particularly with a nuke for a quick clear.

I genuinely might do this again at some point.
v0.9.9.7G: [43|26/26/26/24/21/4]

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: [U|ArchAo666|100%|YAAM] Masterless Scout Full Clear
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 01:19 »

Damn, Icy. Must have been a hell of a ride.
If memory serves me right, you are only the third person ever to achieve this victory (and report it here), and the first one in nearly a decade.
Congratulations!
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working
Pages: [1]