Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 05:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Doom: Semper Fidelis  (Read 14815 times)

arch_8ngel

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Re: Doom: Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 20:30 »

Games Workshop used to use that technique in their older games (Warhammer Quest, and Warhammer Role-play).
They referred to it as D66 and it was usually associated with large sets of tabulated outcomes.  Stuff like randome encounters or events.

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 14:33 »

I figure I can use the d66 mechanic to eliminate the need for polyhedral dice. But, I feel 36 different situations/events may be a bit much. I was thinking I could cut it down to either 12 or 18 events with an equal chance of rolling. What do you guys think? 12, 18, or 36 events?
     I could also make 20 or 25 but some events would occur more frequently than others. Do you guys prefer the equal probability of using 12, 18, or 36? Or do you prefer that some events may occur more than others by using 20 to 30 event? Please give me your opinions.
     I'm also looking for ideas for events and situations that could occur in the Doom world. Traps and such. Thanks for any input.

-Legend
-Legend

RickVoid

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 10:47 »

I figure I can use the d66 mechanic to eliminate the need for polyhedral dice. But, I feel 36 different situations/events may be a bit much. I was thinking I could cut it down to either 12 or 18 events with an equal chance of rolling. What do you guys think? 12, 18, or 36 events?
     I could also make 20 or 25 but some events would occur more frequently than others. Do you guys prefer the equal probability of using 12, 18, or 36? Or do you prefer that some events may occur more than others by using 20 to 30 event? Please give me your opinions.
     I'm also looking for ideas for events and situations that could occur in the Doom world. Traps and such. Thanks for any input.

-Legend

I'd reserve judgement on the number of events you want to have until you have some events to pick from.

And on that note, here are a few!

Oh Sh-: You step on to a particular space and a trap is activated. The trap causes several of the walls in a room to slide down into the floor, revealing a horde of monsters! (Classic Doom Trap)

HOT HOT HOT: A lever pulling trap. The room fills with Acid/Lava. (Another classic trap.)

Uh... I'll think of more later...
Campbell: Snake, press the action button.
Snake: ... What?
Campbell: The action button, on the control pad.
Snake: What!?
Pages: 1 [2]  All