Chaosforge Forum

• February 28, 2024, 08:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 3  (Read 703 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 3
« on: February 02, 2024, 07:59 »

Beta 3 is up!

Apart from what you can read in the changelog - I adjusted and fixed some things based on the previous thread feedback, also we're starting two big features with this BETA

1) overhaul of the controls - while I don't intend to dumb down the controls (no worries, diagonals will be here FOREVER), some of the choices in terms of keybindings want their Altavista website back. SHIFT-DOT for entering the next level HAD to go. I'm also trying out a streamline here - SPACE is a universal action key - Open, Close, use Lever and Descend stairs can all be done using SPACE. The old keys DO work, but unless someone gives a valid reason I will remove them at some point. Also, use from ground has been moved to SHIFT-G (shift pickup), this includes wearing/wielding from ground, and also will trigger a lever if present.

2) overhaul of the speed and timing system - this SHOULD be fairly invisible now - if you spot anything weird, report immedately! The reason this needs to be done is so we can have smooth mouse movement and smooth animations later down the line.

Feedback on the changes, both forementioned and the ones below needed!

Raw changelog below, comments, reports and requests welcome - join us on the Discord in #doomrl!

DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 3 Windows LQ

If you're not on Windows, you can always compile the development branch from github - find me on the Jupiter Hell discord if you need help with that!

Code: [Select]
0.9.9.8 BETA 3
[new] -- BETA  : WARNING - speed system rewrites!
[new] -- GH#080: keybindings updates - SPACE is action key (open, close, descend, pull)
[new] -- GH#080: keybindings updates - SHIFT-G is use/wear/wield/pull from ground
[new] -- GH#074: UnlockAll option in config.lua to unlock Challenges and Difficulties
[new] -- GH#063: WK3 available for techs at clev 12+ and allows 1 more assembly mod!
[mod] -- GH#078: increased amount of enemies on Deimos and Hell
[mod] -- GH#075: overcharging a BFG doubles dice count instead of +2 dice
[mod] -- GH#075: assembly buffs - micro launcher, tower shield, ballistic armor, env boots
[mod] -- GH#075: assembly buffs - speedloader pistol, assault rifle, mother in law
[mod] -- GH#075: buffed Gothic Arms set, slightly nerfed Inquisitor Set pieces
[mod] -- GH#075: buffed Necroarmor and translocator, changed Cybernetic Armor resistances
[mod] -- GH#063: you can still mod an assembly if you take WK2 after assembling
[mod] -- GH#070: nightmare enemies are resistant to floor effects
[mod] -- GH#078: nightmare arch-vile deals 20 plasma damage (was 25 fire)
[mod] -- GH#078: nightmare imps are 20% faster and more accurate
[mod] -- GH#059: Techs get starting mod on challenges that allow them
[mod] -- GH#053: you can now properly firestorm-mod a tristar blaster
[mod] -- GH#078: buffed danger/XP and weight for elite for/ser/cap and nightmare demons
[mod] -- GH#078: former commandos and pain elemental spawn level range increased
[mod] -- GH#078: lava elemental buffed, Erebus/Lava pits have diff dependent envirosuits
[mod] -- GH#077: swapped positions of Vaults and Cathedral, Vaults enemies buffed
[fix] -- GH#050: Containment Area conquered status only achieved by full clear
[fix] -- GH#049: Deimos Lab conquered status only achieved by killing the Shamblers
[fix] -- GH#040: fixed loud/silent sound for wall-destroying levers
[fix] -  GH#052: fixed error message when attacking crates with a melee weapon on AoPc
[fix] -- BETA  : fixed on-kill effects (crash with DS/BA and Beretta wins and Megabuster)
[fix] -- BETA  : fixed Backpack/Schematics bug
[fix] -- BETA  : fixed Ironman + Berserk granting resistance above 95%
[fix] -- BETA  : Vampyre blocks Ironman 
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 18:27 »

Just a quick bit of feedback: it doesn't work under Winlator on Android, while 0.9.9.7 does. It's probably just a low-quality version thing, or me having to mess with my container settings a bit. Incredibly low priority, but it's good to know (it could just be a newer version of the SDL .dlls as well, that happens sometimes). Are there any major graphics or sound implementation changes between the releases? Could be the new timing hooks perhaps, not sure. I'll have a fiddle and see if I can get it going, and report back if I do.

The easier controls will be a godsend for setting up touchscreen interfaces for phones (due to limited screen space).

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 3
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 14:33 »

If you're talking on the difference between 0.9.9.7, and 0.9.9.8 then, well, everything changed - SDL 1.2 -> SDL 2.28, OpenGL 1.2 -> OpenGL 3.3 and the fixed pipeline rendering into shader based rendering. Audio SDL_mixer -> SDL2_mixer.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]