Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 08:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: To-hit chances of monsters  (Read 3898 times)

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
To-hit chances of monsters
« on: May 09, 2007, 10:06 »

I want to create new topic, where i(and anybody, who want) can post hit/attack ratio of different monsters. For accuracy of test you must stand 1 square away from enemy without moving(only if he moves closer, you must do one step away from him), and always be in cautious mode. Do as much tests as you can(5 at least, i think), this will increase chance that it's not good or bad luck.))

We post our results like (Attacks that hit you/Attacks made by enemy).

I'll start with Former human(ranged)

16/38, 14/22, 11/19, 9/16, 11/21

16+14+11+9+11/38+22+19+16+21 = 61/116 = ~53% chance to-hit. I think that it's 50%

Former human(melee)

15/63, 26/74, 19/63, 28/141, 23/119

15+26+19+28+23/63+74+63+141+119 = 111/460 = 24%. I think that it's 25%

Also, i'll copy here my test with Cacodemon(ranged)

8/9, 9/10, 6/6, 9/10, 9/9, 8/8, 8/8, 8/10, 8/9, 9/9

8+9+6+9+9+8+8+8+8+9/9+10+6+10+9+8+8+10+9+9 = 82/88 = ~93%
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:20 by Blade »
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: To-hit chances of monsters
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:49 »

I'd like to point out that the hitchance is dependnt on range ^_^.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:18 »

D'oh! I forgot about that. Well, at least my Former Human's melee to-hit chance is right.)) Good that i have done not so many. Also i decided that i will test on range of 1 square.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:22 by Blade »

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 15:23 »

I want to create new topic, where i(and anybody, who want) can post hit/attack ratio of different monsters.
Oh, thats easy : former human sergeant - hit ratio 100%. :)

Also, i'll copy here my test with Cacodemon(ranged) ~93%
Which is rather "unDooMish", because if someone still remember playing actual DooM - it wasnt that hard dodging a cacodemon projectiles, a single cacodemon was practically harmless at any range, whereas zombies shots reached you instantly, so if they shot at you - it was a nearly 100% hit.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 15:35 »

Oh, thats easy : former human sergeant - hit ratio 100%. :)

Yes, also AV have hit ratio 100% too. And maybe AoD, i'm not sure.

Which is rather "unDooMish", because if someone still remember playing actual DooM - it wasnt that hard dodging a cacodemon projectiles, a single cacodemon was practically harmless at any range, whereas zombies shots reached you instantly, so if they shot at you - it was a nearly 100% hit.

Yes, i agree. As i already told, Cacodemon's fireball, as i remember, have the same speed as imp's, and both of them could be easily dodged.
Every bullet in original DooM hits instantly, so you cannot dodge them. But DooMRL is not original DooM, so it's all ok with bullets. But anyway, i'd like to see some to-hit chances to be decreased.

Rook

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 21:33 »

AoD isn't quite 100%, if I remember right. I'll see if I can get to the cathedral again to repeat it, but I've managed to get him to miss once or twice.

Also, while Arch-Viles normally couldn't miss in Doom 2, their attack was incredibly slow, and if you could get out of their LoS somehow before it completed, it would fail automatically. Perhaps it's not totally accuracy-related, but shouldn't they be slowed down a bit, so you have a small chance to dive out of the way of their attacks?

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 02:57 »

Also, while Arch-Viles normally couldn't miss in Doom 2, their attack was incredibly slow, and if you could get out of their LoS somehow before it completed, it would fail automatically. Perhaps it's not totally accuracy-related, but shouldn't they be slowed down a bit, so you have a small chance to dive out of the way of their attacks?
Then you should also slow down the other enemy projectiles, because you have a chance to dodge them in the original game before they hit. Except for former humans/sergeants/captains, of course.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 08:39 »

Yes-yes, i think so too. They are TOO fast. They can resurrect other monster, fire at you, and do several steps after that, and all of this in one turn. It's ok that they can move fast, but so fast and quite powerfull always-hitting attack is a real cheat from their side.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 05:31 »

Yes-yes, i think so too. They are TOO fast. They can resurrect other monster, fire at you, and do several steps after that, and all of this in one turn. It's ok that they can move fast, but so fast and quite powerfull always-hitting attack is a real cheat from their side.
I agree. Also, IIRC, resurrecting monsters is supposed to reduce AV health.

Then you should also slow down the other enemy projectiles, because you have a chance to dodge them in the original game before they hit. Except for former humans/sergeants/captains, of course.
This would be reflected in reducing monster too-hit chances, which I am entirely for.
Pages: [1]