Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 07:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some polish stuff  (Read 4667 times)

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Some polish stuff
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:08 »

1) Why i can set an option for a random name, but cant set an option for a consistent name ? I only use my nick every time anyway.

2) Dying. When you die you have to press Enter/Space, then Escape, then Enter again. What the...
Why cant it be just Space, or just Enter ? Escape is not really that convenient anyway, at least on a normal keyboards, i think Kornel said he had a notebook or something ?

3) There is an option to always pick a chosen trait at the start. AAMOF, it would be much more comforting to assign letters to traits, instead of moving up and down between them. One press of a button instead of four.

4) The colour of shotgun and 10mm ammo should differ more. I thought someone would have proposed this already, but seeing as its already 0.9.8.7, and nothing has changed...

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Some polish stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:51 »

1) Why i can set an option for a random name, but cant set an option for a consistent name ? I only use my nick every time anyway.
Seconded. Personally I'm always Potman, and it'd help somewhat if it was consistent.

2) Dying. When you die you have to press Enter/Space, then Escape, then Enter again. What the...
Why cant it be just Space, or just Enter ? Escape is not really that convenient anyway, at least on a normal keyboards, i think Kornel said he had a notebook or something ?
Seconded. Plus, that stupid Doom End song that plays each time I die has really, after some 300 times of hearing at least the first few seconds of it, started to piss me off.

3) There is an option to always pick a chosen trait at the start. AAMOF, it would be much more comforting to assign letters to traits, instead of moving up and down between them. One press of a button instead of four.
Seconded, except that since there're more than 9 traits available, using letters would be more convenient.

4) The colour of shotgun and 10mm ammo should differ more. I thought someone would have proposed this already, but seeing as its already 0.9.8.7, and nothing has changed...
Never bothered me.

Rabiat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:57 »

I agree. I turned on random naming so I wouldn't have to enter my nick on every new game.

I don't have a problem telling apart the colours of 10mm and shotgun ammo (light gray and dark gray). Perhaps turning up the contrast and/or lowering the brightness of your screen helps. Being colour blind I do have a problem telling apart 10mm ammo and power cells (bright cyan, right?). They're almost identical to me because they have about the same brightness. Also I occasionally mistake a closed door with no surrounding walls for a med-pack. Maybe I should turn on support for blind players. ;)

Plus, that stupid Doom End song that plays each time I die has really, after some 300 times of hearing at least the first few seconds of it, started to piss me off.

Then stop dying so often. :)
0.9.9.2 - [22/8/2/0/0] - Mancubus Scrap Metal Collector

Karry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:00 »

I don't have a problem telling apart the colours of 10mm and shotgun ammo (light gray and dark gray).
I do. They are almost the same color on my screen. Its better to just make them different colors altogether. Along with human/human sergeants, also very hard to tell those two apart. Impossible at times.

The best way would be to allow to set monster colors in the ini file as well, just for cases like this.

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 08:59 »

Seconded. Personally I'm always Potman, and it'd help somewhat if it was consistent.
Thirded.

Thirded.

Plus, that stupid Doom End song that plays each time I die has really, after some 300 times of hearing at least the first few seconds of it, started to piss me off.
Well, if you find it that annoying, you can always comment that song out in the .ini.

Seconded, except that since there're more than 9 traits available, using letters would be more convenient.
It was this way before, but was switched because there's no room for longer trait descriptions.

If you have problems telling two colours apart, you can also change the console colour settings. This is what I did for dark blue after not noticing floating eyes in NetHack too often.
Pages: [1]