Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 11:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You pull the lever... Oh shit... oh shit... OH SHIT!!!!  (Read 3107 times)

Picklish

• Elder
  • Corporal
    • View Profile

The lever said "dangerous", but hell, even the switch that explodes the barrels right next to you is labelled neutral, so you can't really trust it.  I just really, really, wasn't expecting the entire level to be filled with lava, though.  Just the room, sure.  But, the entire level? Never seen that one before.  Also, extra fun on AoI.

Thanks, Kornel.  The message made it entirely worth it.  ;)

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: You pull the lever... Oh shit... oh shit... OH SHIT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:38 »

Protip: If you get "You get that smell? That's gasoline smell. Oh hell..." when you enter the level, you know one of them does that.

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 13:42 »

I always hated it when I pulled one of these levers and I try to make it to the stairs and I just BARELY can't make it..
Howdy.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 00:44 »

I've pulled this one a few times, mostly while trying to summon enemies on Intuition(1), but also with some sheer bad luck on some very low dlvls. Sucks like hell :P With proper timing and a lot of care, however, this one's great for N!. Of course, I'd rather just have a water flood :)

Anyway, this again makes me suggest - I'd like to see multiple lever classes, rated for effect as low-medium-high. They'll be color coded as such (green-yellow-red?) and visible regardless of traits. That will make lever experimentaion, without at least EE(2) and Int(1), a sane endeavor. This will also make additional lever types possible without making risk that much bigger, including levers of considerably dramatical effect, both positive and negative.
This would, however, likely require some Intuition lever-sense balancing. IMO setting each level of Intuition to sense a correspondingly low lever class danger level, with accurate detection on the next level, will work (e.g. Intuition(2) senses low level levers accurately and medium level levers superficially).

One of the levers I'd like to see implemented is a suggestion I recall reading for vault rooms uncovered by levers. Another lever class I'd like to see is one leading to an entirely separate level - a special level dominated by levers could be nice :)
EDIT: here, the original thread where the above ideas were suggested.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 00:53 by TFoN »
Pages: [1]