Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Traits stadistics  (Read 2589 times)

Jorge Alonso

• DoomRL Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Traits stadistics
« on: May 25, 2007, 00:11 »

1) Highscores screen with the traits of each brave marines.

2) Player screen with stadistic of use of traits.

DaEezT

• Greater Elder
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Traits stadistics
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 01:11 »

1) Highscores screen with the traits of each brave marines.
Not needed IMO. The game archives all your mortems in the mortems folder and each mortem contains the order of traits.
Squeezing that kind of info into the highscore screen and score.dat seems redundant to me.
You can just use grep to find the mortem with the same score as the highscore entry and you'll have the mortem with all its information :)

2) Player screen with stadistic of use of traits.
Fine with me, although it should probably divided into normal and challenge games (but not challenge specific).
"Morality is merely a convention with which men mutually agree to delude themselves. There are no moral facts, just preferences, and one is no better than any other."

Jorge Alonso

• DoomRL Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Traits stadistics
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:30 »

Not needed IMO. The game archives all your mortems in the mortems folder and each mortem contains the order of traits.

I mean: You go to the highscores screen, and you can say: Hey!, my best/worst positions are with traits X and Y, or when I use trait Z; I need improve my habilities with trait W, and this time I not get trait V.

Also, we all can share this info to see what traits or combos are more powerfull that others, with objetive data. Maybe we will find something interesting/surprise.
Pages: [1]