Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 13:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: AliensRL 0.8 Beta 2  (Read 37448 times)

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
Re: AliensRL 0.8 Beta 2
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 04:43 »

I would really like to have my question answered :) .

I'm not completely sure, but as fas as i remember, only the one that depends on chosen class. Other skills you can up only to Expert level.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 07:29 »

I'm not completely sure, but as fas as i remember, only the one that depends on chosen class. Other skills you can up only to Expert level.

Kornel mentioned about "unlocking master level", so I was not sure what to think about it (and I am still unsure :P ).
As for now, it works like you mentioned - tested on one (already dead from boredom) Elite Marine :) .
I noticed one small silly bug though - after taking a master level in skill, there is another level - "maximized".
You can't take it, but there is still the cost (in experience points) next to it.
In my opinion it would be better just to show "master" with a special color (golden/yellow or sth like it) and without a cost to a "next imaginary level".

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20 »

Hello everybody. I've found one interesting bug: if you get near the barrel, and alien bite you then BARREL TURNS INTO BLOODED WALL. Don't you know what's it? And about aliens - the really bleed with acid. I think this can be used. And one bad thing that you can't store rad. suits. It has 0 dmg protection and you don't know when oyu've go into radiation.
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 01:57 »

Yeah, I found strange "bloody walls in a middle of a room" too - Just I had no idea why they were there.

As for armors - it would be ok if you could unequip an armor (drop to floor). Now you can only switch them with the one that is already on ground, I think.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 02:59 »

And the most unfun and uncool thing is there isn NO MELEE WEAPONS and MELEE FIGHTING. I've once ran out of 0.44 ammo and I was a Scout so I didn't have any bonus weapon and that damned A have killed me
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 05:19 »

A (warriors) are quite easy to get killed with almost everything, so maybe you should search for other weapons / ammo ?

Personally, I do not remember too many melee weapons in the Alien film series or AvP games, and I do not think melee fight would be suitable for humans.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 12:01 »

Getting to Storage level with a thought of GOOD ammo, and getting stupidly cornered by A isn't the time to think about new pistol. And when I was really thinking about this, I've found 6 M1A4(or what's the name) and 00 0.44 Colt(the one I was with i've found on lvl1CivT). I think a melee weaponry must BE, maybe only for Scout's, but it is the fact.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 07:51 »

I never run into such problem, because I am usually prepared for the lack of a certain ammunition.

Adding some kind of Combat Knife to a game could be possible, but I wonder what kind of damage would it do.
6/L ? :]
And the only slot it could go to is the Sidearm, imho.

I wish the creator would say what does he think about it :) .

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 10:13 »

Maybe Kornel could add some new slot and trait and class, but I'm afraid this would be "many work". And you're prepared for the lack of ammo, not the lack of weapons:).

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 10:26 »

And you're prepared for the lack of ammo, not the lack of weapons:).
My experience (so far) tells me that most of the needed weapons can be found relatively fast. You just need to search for it in certain towers :) .

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05 »

And to the scertain towers there are certain exits. AND THAT EXIT ARE COVERED WITH A

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 01:32 »

The lack of close combat in AliensRL is an INTENTIONAL design decision. It intends to simulate the panic the moment you look that you're running out of ammo. And also the fact that without guns you don't stand a chance.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59 »

Kornel:
Rofl :D .

My only moments of panic in AliensRL are:
- When I meet the first Elite;
- When few hunters manage to "jump" few tiles and get next to me;

P.S. I wish the game was like AvP - I would really love to kill marines with an alien/hunter :D .

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 12:50 »

About AvP(2) As I remember, marines had a melee weapon there, so if idea about making A.. like AvP so there WAS melee weapon, and it REALLY could kill alien, but it was stupid.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 03:29 »

Gameplay is more based on the Alien Breed series. Also, from the point of view of the Alien universe, the idea of fighting an alien in melee with anything less than a cargo machine or being a Predator seems ridiculous.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5