Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: June 14, 2024, 14:20 
Started by Ridonk - Last post by Ridonk
Soooo, ignore the first part of that.... Not dead yet hoooo dear I'm sorry

on: June 14, 2024, 13:34 
Started by Ridonk - Last post by Ridonk
So after playing DoomRL for a long time I've finally jumped into Jupiter Hell....

I'm searching for early badges and thought I got UV anomoly earlier but it's not registered and I'm not sure why. Is there something I should know?

Also the mortems screen/page is odd as if I view one it's ok but then it's highlighted and I can't view it again..... Help!

on: June 13, 2024, 08:10 
Started by Kornel Kisielewicz - Last post by Kornel Kisielewicz
Beta 5 is up!

This one's mostly for the graphics version players - the spritesheet has been updated, there's a ton of new visual stuff coming later, but now I need to make sure that all the internal graphics changes are working. Although do test on ASCII if you usually play there to make sure I didn't break it! Neeeeed feeeeedback! (especially that there was barely any towards the previous beta, so help out here!).

I invite all to participate on the Discord channel, and also we will be more and more moving feature discussions and info into the GitHub issues tracker. Remember all work is being done on the development branch!

Feedback on the changes needed, be it here on the discord in #doomrl!

Raw changelog below, comments, reports and requests welcome!

DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 5 Windows LQ

If you're not on Windows, you can always compile the development branch from github - find me on discord if you need help with that!

Code: [Select]
0.9.9.8 BETA 5
[new] -- GH#120: G-version - sprites updated!
[new] -- GH#120: G-version - animations for idle and for doors!
[new] -- GH#083: G-version - overlay FX done by shaders, less in your face!
[new] -- GH#120: G-version - better wall tile flow and style handling!
[new] -- GH#121: G-version - debris where destroyed walls were!
[new] -- GH#126: added an ammo dispensing lever to the lever pool
[new] -- GH#126: enemies left count and level feel info in character screen
[new] -- GH#126: last 3 enemies are revealed unless boss or special level
[new] -- GH#126: items are revealed on clear unless boss or special level
[mod] -- GH#126: "running" status name fades in the last 5 moves left
[mod] -- GH#126: added special level feeling for agony and lava elemental caves
[mod] -- GH#115: Mjollnir can appear from level 5 and has 1d25 damage
[mod] -- GH#115: double chainsaw now 4d12 acc -1 (was 8d6 acc -2)
[mod] -- GH#115: thrown knife & Mjol benefit from both ranged and melee tohit/todam
[mod] -- GH#115: Subtle Knife - invoke 10->15 damage, 5 hp drain, no maxhp drain
[mod] -- GH#126: all medals with "Badge" in name changed to "Pin"
[mod] -- GH#126: clarified "everything" to "only" in medal kill requirements
[mod] -- GH#126: adjusted Iron Skull and Gambler's Shield values
[fix] -- GH#115: expiring messages for affects appear again
[fix] -- GH#115: unexpirable affects will no longer expire after a long time   

on: June 04, 2024, 13:45 
Started by Angle of Death - Last post by Trar
New decade, new version in beta, new unique idea:

M6D Magnum Pistol
12 round magazine, high accuracy, very high damage, and has a scope that extends visibility when targeting

It's from Halo CE and is so infamous it has its own Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M6D_Pistol

on: May 26, 2024, 18:04 
Started by Alexis78 - Last post by Alexis78
Hello There.
I´ve been playing Jupiter Hell quite a bite since some weeks ago, and I reached IO and Europe too, but I don´t get the Bronze Badge, that badge that says: "JoviSec Bronze Badge (-) Reach IO", or "Anomally Bronze Badge (-) Complete Anomally in Callisto" (I completed the Callisto Anomaly for sure a lot of times) so I can´t  try the Challenges Modes then, because I need at least one bronze badges to try them.

What can I do? I am playing it in Steam.
Inside Steam I have the "Reach IO" badge, but inside the game seems I lack something or I don´t know really. I never completed the game, but I remember that playing Doom RL I got the badges without completing the game.

I need a bit of help, Thanks in advance for reading me. :)

Edit:

Well, today I reached IO again and I got the badge!
First yesterday enable all my Steam folder to be writable, It´s for default just readable but It won´t stay as writable, I read about It around the web, but anyway. I played then cautiously to reach IO as marine, I got a good Marine and I reached like level 3 in IO and i died, no more medkits, so I died. I got a nice plasma shotgun too, It helped there.

But in the dead screen I saw my badge there, the JoviSec Bronze Badge, finally.

https://imgur.com/DlIcjdf

I don´t know what really happened there, because I got my IO badge on steam previously, so, well, I think It works fine right now, I am happy, It had me worried.

on: May 23, 2024, 14:44 
Started by Kamikaze14 - Last post by Kamikaze14

on: May 02, 2024, 09:29 
Started by Kornel Kisielewicz - Last post by Kornel Kisielewicz
Beta 4 is up!

Apart from implementing more from the suggestion topic, the big big thing are huge changes in the internal action loop. These should still be equivalent to what was before unless I made a mistake, so be on the lookout for bugs!

I invite all to participate on the Discord channel, and also we will be more and more moving feature discussions and info into the GitHub issues tracker. Remember all work is being done on the development branch!

Feedback on the changes needed, be it here on the discord in #doomrl!

Raw changelog below, comments, reports and requests welcome!

DoomRL 0.9.9.8 BETA 4 Windows LQ

If you're not on Windows, you can always compile the development branch from github - find me on discord if you need help with that!

0.9.9.8 BETA 4
[new] -- BETA  : WARNING - speed/command system rewrites!
[new] -- GH#093: The Vaults alternative added - House of Pain
[mod] -- BETA  : House of Pain always generates instead of Vaults until balanced
[mod] -- GH#107: ammo rooms can now contain a variety of ammo, even on Ao100/666
[mod] -- GH#117: Technical mod packs on armors add resistances instead of knockback res
[mod] -- GH#112: Survivalist - Ironman 2, and double heals from smed and globes
[mod] -- GH#110: Scavenger - works on Melee, Boots and Armors (guaranteed mods added)
[mod] -- GH#088: Juggler now makes all weapon swaps free
[mod] -- GH#099: Conqueror and Explorer won't be awarded if no special levels were present
[mod] -- GH#109: changed the color of the sniper mod pack to dark green (G-version)
[mod] -- GH#116: buffs - bullet-proof vest, power armor
[mod] -- GH#111: stat screen includes running dodge bonus
[mod] -- GH#108: all elite formers deal 5 + 1d3 melee damage
[mod] -- BETA  : duelist armor - 0/75/0
[fix] -- BETA  : fixed SHIFT-L previous level feeling

on: April 10, 2024, 09:09 
Started by ih8regin - Last post by ih8regin
Finally a decent start on N! Ao100, last ten or so attempts got me screwed at L3 or below, and two lasted to L8 and L12. This round got me blessed with this creepy vault:

You need to taste blood!                                                       

Unknown command. Press "?" for help.                                           

##############################################################################
 #..    ..# ..............
}|................................. .............   #
 #.######
0#................}............................................... . #
 #.#
OOO #.#.^..............}}.............................................##..#
 #.#
OOOO#.#.........}.....>...............................................##.0#
 #.#
OOOO+.#.........}.........................................................#
 #.######
@#........|............................*.........................##..#
 #........#.......
}|}}|........................|}...|...........}.}.......##..#
 ######
/############}###########################}####}###}######..}....|......#
 # 
+.....#........|}}........#................|......}...|}|....}............#
 #  #.....
/........|..........#.................................}......}##....#
 #  #.....#..................
|}}.................................|..../.##.0..#
 # 
+.....#..................}#}.....................................|.}......#
 #  #.....#...
|...............#....................}|.........../.........##..#
 #  #.....###
}#####################################}###/#...####..........##..#
 #  #.....
/..}..............            ..........|}|................./.......#
 #  #.....#.................            ..............................#.......#
 #  #.....#.................             .............................#.......#
 #  #  ...#................              .......
0.....................#.......#
 ##############################################################################

Ashannar                   Armor : green armor [1/1] (100%)                   

Health: 100% Exp:  3/23%   Weapon: combat knife (2d5)                         
  cautious     
brk                                            Phobos       Lev2

There was a VERY handy berserk pack pretty close to those cacos, so I wasn't in a real danger whacking them with that knife. And having level 4 before L3 was very helpful towards survival. Gift dropping on formers was the way to retain 100% kills up until I was able to attack from distance with enough chance to hit, and could finally rely on my gatling and tac shotty to land corpses right on doors, or into the acid/lava, then a set of cerberus boots were assembled to screw that lava, and BAM "There's something very valuable here" on level 34 yielded an Acid Spitter. Of course that level had no acid, but I went to keep the gun, and boy was it fun when I have finally started salivating all over the floor. BBVV? MMVV? RRVV? Hey have a SPLASH, good riddance! Of course it didn't last for real long, as BBs and nightmare everythings started appearing, yet while the majority of enemies were "normal", and actually while there was at least one happy former, I was still relying on ordinary weapons to do the job.

But Nightmare wouldn't be Nightmare without stair traps. Level 58 met me with two MMVV at sight distance and a happy revenant to blow a wall - KABLAM, you can run but you can't hide, that sort of things, in the end I had to abandon YAAM with this screen:

missile hits the nightmare imp. The nightmare imp dies. There are stairs       
 leading downward here.                                                         

#######################                         
=..===.=...==..........                         
=.=====....=.=......0.                         
|...=/=====....==./.####/#                         
=...===....==...........                       

^                     ......==..../%......#.#......                       

X ###+##.=/....X../.#.#+####/####                     

X         ../........X................+          ^           

#/#......../......./#######/#                     

+@####/#....X..........=====                       

#.#  ................========                     
                           X ===   ==================

=====  =================#=####                     

X ...#.X   X.X.====....=====..=..                     
+..  X =#=====....=========.                     

[...# #   ========###=====.=====.                   
+      .=.===+.====.=.===.                   
                         ......#     
X= ....   #====...===..                   
                           #####        ####   ###
==####..#                     
                                                   ##                           

Ashannar                   Armor : none                                       

Health: 6%   Exp: 22/11%   Weapon: gatling gun (1d7)x6 [4/60]                 
  cautious             
env                                    Hell         Lev58

That envirosuit was used on the previous level prior to me exiting for rumored extra protection - quite possibly it saved my butt over there. Not for long though, level 61 had me up against a corner with BBVV and a ton of arachnotrons covering the perimeter. I tried to rocket jump away into what happened to be a literal swarm of hV. And just look at that grave... the right part of the level is completely empty.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PS: archvile complexes are a kind of relaxation from having to control N! rezzing - they never stand back up. And I've got three. The NM arach cave was under invulnerability, so no biggie, NM demons actually too. But zero BFGs really hurt.

on: April 09, 2024, 02:13 
Started by ih8regin - Last post by ih8regin
In case you haven't noticed, but you are receiving updates to crucial forum branches via another method; your LetsEncrypt certificate that's used for forum.chaosforge.org has expired, please update ASAP.

on: April 07, 2024, 08:01 
Started by Kornel Kisielewicz - Last post by ih8regin
Bug #8 (?)

Sometimes when you use a phase device at Phobos Anomaly, you're been thrown all the way to the right, behind the nooks of Bruiser Brothers. IIRC this behavior was explicitly limited in 0997, so any phase devices used would only drop the doomguy in the left or middle room (or starting room). Just finished an AoMr UV run with a phase device landing me almost at the upper right position of the level, some 6 north 1 west from the teleporter, and I was able to escape there without a hit from BBs.

Bug #9 (minor)

The image of a lost soul is distorted by text in 0998b3:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Decided to show my wife why I'm playing that ASCII game and stumbled upon this.

Bug #10 (AI deadlock)

During my last AoMr run I've encountered a vault like this:
==#########
=..........
#.#####./..
#@#ccc#.#..
#.#cch#.#..
#.###h#.#..
#.%hhh..#..
###########
There were some items inside, at least a med-pack under upper-right demon, which probably was the reason of why did the two h's inside the vault not move away. But the two h's on the left are not expected to not move due to inability to reach a goodie, so should at least move leftwards eventually. That corpse was another h BTW. I went upwards instead of trying to dismantle these formers, but when I have returned after clearing the entire level, those formers remained stationary, which should not be the case of at least some of them. Also while I was dismantling the "ambush" from the right, the leftmost former didn't move until getting aggravated. This is at least weird, and at most an AI bug.

Bug #11 (sounds):

When there are more than 8 sounds being played (6-8, but I assume it's library-dependent, and old blasters were not supporting mixing more than 8; also the amount looks like 8), an attempt to play another sound results in silence. This applies to a lot of stuff: run-waiting beside the vault; radar or corner shooting a shotgun at several enemies (esp if something died from that shot; it plays 2 sounds for that enemy alone); having a ton of enemies be spawned in lava, shooting a rapid-fire weapon with TH2 and high accuracy, etc etc. This produces garbaged sound if there are short delays between playing sequential sounds, and indicates a sound programming error regarding stopping oldest-playing sound or something that looks like this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10