Chaosforge Forum

• February 25, 2018, 18:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: February 23, 2018, 15:32 
Started by Moray - Last post by Moray
Holy moly, I just noticed that this thread has over 2200 views!  You must be popular, Moray!  :o  That's gotta break a forum record or something, because a quick glance tells me that 99% of threads here don't even come close!  :)

Holy moly is right. That doesn't seem normal. Did someone run a bot-train on my thread?

on: February 20, 2018, 00:36 
Started by Moray - Last post by Tormuse
Holy moly, I just noticed that this thread has over 2200 views!  You must be popular, Moray!  :o  That's gotta break a forum record or something, because a quick glance tells me that 99% of threads here don't even come close!  :)

on: February 17, 2018, 05:48 
Started by Moray - Last post by khiijol
incredible run - i'd argue veteran angelic is the easiest but not using this build. sharpshooter win is fantastically impressive!

on: February 16, 2018, 17:57 
Started by Moray - Last post by Tormuse
An Angelic badge is a heck of an entrance to the forums!  :o  Well done, and welcome!  :D

As a holder of two angelic badges,  neither of which is your veteran badge, I would like to dispute your claim that veteran is the easiest ;)

As a holder of a Veteran Angelic badge, I would also like to dispute it being the easiest!  :P  (I still say Shottyman is the easiest)  You clearly have some carefully honed skills there, Moray.  Doing a Nightmare! game with a Sharpshooter build is a bold choice; it must've been a pretty tough early game, but I'll bet having the Blaster and Demolition Pistol were a delight for the endgame!  :)

Good luck with whatever achievement you try for next; with skill like this, I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of you.  :)

on: February 14, 2018, 12:21 
Started by Moray - Last post by Sereg
Very impressive win...  welcome to the forums.

As a holder of two angelic badges,  neither of which is your veteran badge, I would like to dispute your claim that veteran is the easiest ;)

Well done. Hopefully you will continue to strive for new goals - you obviously have the skills to accomplish some very difficult challenges.

on: February 13, 2018, 02:38 
Ha. It definitely wasn't easy. :( In fact, a lot of it was really tense, feeling like every move I made had to be specifically calculated. There were also some really dicey moments, like at The Wall between when I ran out of rockets and when I leveled up into Whizkid2 (and immediately started blasting demo ammo), and low on medpacks. Or the City of Skulls when I was literally backed into the top right corner, heavily damaged, my shell box gone, and hoping that the traits I invested into Reloader were going to pay off enough to survive.

Later game I found easier simply due to the terrain advantages - specifically the greater abundance of available lava to melt corpses with.

on: February 13, 2018, 02:25 
Started by Moray - Last post by LuckyDee
Nice and comprehensive. You almost make it sound easy :(

on: February 13, 2018, 02:16 
Sharpshooters are awesome (I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it), but tough to get going even on lower difficulty levels. Raising one for a 100% full win on Nightmare! is ace. What did you do for corpse disposal?

I love Sharpshooters. It's definitely my favourite master trait. Although the difficulty spike I found particularly in the pistol build notching up into N! was pretty huge. Corpse disposal was naturally the biggest part of this - early floors were definitely tricky. Also, this following turned longer and more detailed than I thought it would at first, so I've put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

on: February 13, 2018, 01:14 
Started by Moray - Last post by LuckyDee
@LD, I see a demolition pistol in the prepared slot. This makes short work of any corpses.

I saw it too, but it must have taken a couple of levels to obtain that - hence my question.

on: February 13, 2018, 01:12 
Started by Moray - Last post by ZicherCZ
Now that's a way to introduce yourself. And as a Sharpshooter <3 ... Congratulations, and welcome to the forums!

@LD, I see a demolition pistol in the prepared slot. This makes short work of any corpses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10