Chaosforge Forum

• May 31, 2024, 18:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Minigun - Useful w/Master Trait?  (Read 3356 times)

FantomFang

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Minigun - Useful w/Master Trait?
« on: September 01, 2009, 16:19 »

Just thought I'd pose this question, as hearsay has told me that it is a very inaccurate weapon. I'm currently running an Angel of Impatience, and just finished Phobos Base lv9 where I found the minigun. Since I'll also have whizkid, I guess the question is if it would be more valuable to mod a chaingun (hopefully advanced) with agility and damage mods than to use the minigun? Is the minigun better than the chaingun in the meantime, what with only a single agility mod on the chaingun? (A1, that's the accuracy one in the beta, right?)

Any opinions on this?

EDIT: Note that I will NOT have Eagle Eye, because of the aforementioned master trait.
EDIT 2: Make that an A2 chaingun :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 16:40 by FantomFang »

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Minigun - Useful w/Master Trait?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 16:47 »

Keeping it simple:

Plasma Rifle > Minigun > Chaingun

Zi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 16:51 »

Wait, the chaingun master trait works with plasma rifles?

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 16:56 »

Yes, it does.

FantomFang

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 17:17 »

Yep. Made my plasma rifle very deadly (especially with A2 to make up for no eagle eye). Sadly though, I died to the cyberdemon. CL10, couldn't damage him fast enough, despite entering with a nigh full baron armor and almost 200% health. BFG just wasn't cutting it for me, and I got him to severely wounded with it before I was down to 39 cells (1 short, lol). Gunning him down with the plasma rifle fell short as he killed me while he was at Mortally Wounded. T.T So close to winning on Angel of Impatience too (first try even!)

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 00:40 »

Yep. Made my plasma rifle very deadly (especially with A2 to make up for no eagle eye). Sadly though, I died to the cyberdemon. CL10, couldn't damage him fast enough, despite entering with a nigh full baron armor and almost 200% health. BFG just wasn't cutting it for me, and I got him to severely wounded with it before I was down to 39 cells (1 short, lol). Gunning him down with the plasma rifle fell short as he killed me while he was at Mortally Wounded. T.T So close to winning on Angel of Impatience too (first try even!)

Well, Cyberdaemon should only be killed by weapons that can apply massive damage -> BFG, rocket launchers. You can try pistol or rapid fire weapons, but that usually means, you have no other weapons or are on some "Angel of... " run. Or that you have SoB and SoG and an unique pistol [;
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

FantomFang

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:44 »

I didn't even think to use the rocket launcher, as I still had one >.>
Also, I actually did manage to kill him recently with pistols. My first ever win on AoMr (I need to post that...) where I only had a single unique during the entire game (which was destroyed offscreen, an arena level) and was forced to use the same pistols that I'd been using since lv1. Never found another advanced pistol either. Was fun, max SoG, max Int (at 2), EE2 and completely own.

Generic

• Second Lieutenant
  • the local Doom consistency checker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 14:00 »

You can try pistol or rapid fire weapons, but that usually means, you have no other weapons or are on some "Angel of... " run.
what
you did not just say that about pistols D:
Pages: [1]