Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 09:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: multiple Unique Weapons!  (Read 2390 times)

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
multiple Unique Weapons!
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:42 »

ok Uniques will be HARD to get, ie The Morturary with all Cyberdemon corpses (not THAT hard, but still...) :)  anyway some will even be available EARLY! note that means they are even Harder to get! anyway......

uniques will be treated like advanced weapons, ie u can put mods on em. they also are all for 1 class of weapon, other than the final unique! (hint,hint) also uniques are in "all" respects overpowered, but they seriously have 1 MAJOR downside..... u cant equip a secondary! note the uniques can have entirely unheardof effects, completly new... and deadly. but remeber this one last note, there will NEVER be more than one unique in any game. also, they wont appear in AoB, and only the unique pistol will appear in AoMr (note the no secondary rule doesnt apply in AoMr). oh and the final Unique is most likely to appear in the AoLt challenge...... more hints.....

ok these will be slow to design, so please submit ideas. the first one, for shotgun class, i insist on my own, but dont worry bout the final unique, it doesnt count as any class, oh and no melee unique, that would be the LS!

ok for shotgun class, i already have spoken of this before, if u can find the posts.

Name: The Thundercracker
Class: Shotgun
Damage: 6d2 x 3 (note all 3 fire at once, ie total fire rate is equal to single shotgun)
Desription: triple-barreled, pump-action, belt-fed, High-Explosive SHOTGUN FURY! note ignore HE, errrr, or u could just make it  gaurentee at least one space of knockback per hit....? but pump action means it acts like a combat shotgun, err in that you have to move to fire, but shottyman makes it so when ur out of ammo, you move and it reloads fully, oh yeah belt-fed means it holds 9 shells per reload, and yes you can put mag mods on it, but only 2, and each adds 3 rounds, ie 1 shot. so maxed out it ca fire 5 rounds before reload!

note feel free to make changes but nothing major, ie u can change the damage or say no mag mods, but the rest is from my original Thundercracker idea, which ive had for about a year now, and it didnt begin with doomrl, it started with an idea for a triple barreled shotgun :) ! note here are the other classes, each needs a Unique. Pistol, Rocket Launcher, Chaingun, Plasma Rifle (note needs to be notably different from the chaingun Unique), and BFG (how bout that one only be available to N! and UV diffuculties!)

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: multiple Unique Weapons!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 17:28 »

ok sorry for the multipost, but this one is a rough idea, the Thundercracker is not gonna get defiled! if its not accepted within the limits scrap it totally. anyway, heres my "Final" Unique i mentioned. thats cuz its not in any class, so on any list it will be at the end. heres why....

Name: Omnigun
Class: All
Damage: dependent on ammo.....
Description: omni= all .... ie, can use all ammo types! AoLt's ultimate weapon (1 gun, forget about ammo worrys!) the omni gets a special method of reload! first, it is equipped as both primary and secondary weapons, and swapping weapons with the omni in hand will never use up any time. 2nd, each gun is set to different ammo types, selectable with special reload, which prompts to load 10(m)m, (s)hotgun shell, (r)ocket, or (p)lasma cell ammo. for each ammo the stats go as follows: 10mm is chaingun (has standard chaingun stats), except with a magazine of 100, 150 with 5 mag mods at 10 each. Shells are like a single shotgun, cept it doesnt load like a shotgun, instead it loads with a rotating multi-chambered barrel, similar to a classic revolver pistol. it holds 5 rounds at once, which can be fired in succession without having to load shells into chambers. with 5 mag mods, at 1 shot each, it holds 10 rounds at once. rockets act just like a rocket launcher, and i mean exactly, mag mods have no effect in this mode. plasma cells act like a plasma rifle, but you cant overcharge it, magazine and mod effect are same as a normal plasma. note that these are all normal damages, without the advanced bonus, so actually it mostly just sucks, except it is all-in-one, only other thing you would need is a BFG.

feel free to suggest alterations to that.

btw from now on i am going to require that noone put more than one unique weapon suggestion in a post, if u have more than one to say, make a 2nd post. this way its easy to locate them. also please use the form im using, at the least. u may add to the form if u wish.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 18:11 »

hmm first actual "suggestion"!

Name: The Obliviator
Class: BFG
Damage: 75d1 base explosion damage, 25d1 damage per splash
Description: OUCH. as i said, this one should only be findable in Ultra-Violence or Nightmare! difficulty levels, and even then its only a possibility. thats cuz, this works just like a BFG, with anything in range of the blast becomes the center of another blast, except that the obliviator can only blast anything once, however, in addition to being blasted for the main damage, anything within range of any blast takes the splash. if there are 3 targets, all within each others blast range, then the original target get 75 dam, then deals 25 dam to the other 2 targets, then one of the other 2 makes its blast, taking 75 dam, which brings it to 100 dam. the same blast also deals another 25 to the 1st and last targets, so the first is also at 100, and the 3rd is at 50. then the last target blasts, 50+75 = 125, with 25 splash to the other 2. they all take 125 gaurenteed damage. thats with only 3 guys near enough to be within each others blast radius. note however that the mag size is 100.... +10 per mod up to 5..... max 150...... uses 10 more ammo to fire than a BFG.....BLEEP! 50 energy cell per shot! a whole inventory slot!

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 18:26 »

oh yes i almost forgot. the way u will get ur unique, is a very special level. not only is it HARD, but the unique is the only randomly generated item on the map, as each ones probability of being chosen depends on diffuculty and/or challenge, other than those factors it is random. even if the probabilty is 1%, it still has a chance at it. btw this level will be found around midgame, but since it is so hard, its a significant risk. note it should have indestructible walls, tight corriders, and no arch-viles, but still a LOT of overpowered enemies! ;)
Pages: [1]