Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 11:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can I donate some of my art content I did up?  (Read 5038 times)

PrivateFC-barnEbiss

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Can I donate some of my art content I did up?
« on: September 21, 2007, 16:06 »

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in working on a gui addon for this that adds icons in for the equipemen and stuff and add a more detailed view for top down more of blue topdown view like they had in the APC in the movie where they are watching the marins on the map enter the hive..

These are some icons I have done and would be willing to donate if anyone would like to implement them into the project to give a little grafic look :)

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
Re: Can I donate some of my art content I did up?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:07 »

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in working on a gui addon for this that adds icons in for the equipemen and stuff and add a more detailed view for top down more of blue topdown view like they had in the APC in the movie where they are watching the marins on the map enter the hive..

These are some icons I have done and would be willing to donate if anyone would like to implement them into the project to give a little grafic look :)

Hey,that looks pretty cool!
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

PrivateFC-barnEbiss

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:31 »

SaThaRiel

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 14:11 »

Personally i like it the way it is ;) But the graphics look good - would be a nice improvement and also will help a lot of ppl satisfying their hunger for graphics in games - so why not :D

PrivateFC-barnEbiss

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 14:36 »

Do you know any thing about coding in FP?

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 14:59 »

Nice outlines; I'd like 'em even better colored, but they're cool as-is.  One thing I can think of right off the bat though even before the subject of implementing tilesets comes up (which AFAIK isn't supported yet): either the tiles would have to get a lot bigger to support these graphics (meaning far less monitor real estate to show the area) or the graphics would have to be shrunk to fit the size of the other tiles.  Your medkit would probably survive relatively well after said shrinkage, but the more detailed stuff would end up looking somewhat messed up/ugly.  My advice would be to take a look at some of the (relatively) more developed roguelikes out there with graphical tilesets, not so much for inspiration (I know at least NetHack's default graphic set has been described as 'ugly'), but to get an idea of the space in a single tile you'll have to work with.

>_> I'll not claim to have the best advice, though, hopefully someone else can provide a more targeted/more informative/better version..

SaThaRiel

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 11:27 »

Do you know any thing about coding in FP?
If you meant me - i programmed pascal some years ago, actually turbo pascal 5.0 under MS Dos 5.5 - so its ages ago (over 15 years).
Wrote this also in the IRC channel, i lack also the time to do much :( Have a lot of other projects, still waiting for a timeslot to start with Kornels wishlist for the IRC bot ;)

If you really get the chance to work on AliensRL do me a favor and please let the original tileset/theme please be available ;) I dont like to run RLs in graphics mode...
Pages: [1]