Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 05:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Weapon mod question?  (Read 2621 times)

commodorejohn

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Weapon mod question?
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:56 »

Okay, so in previous AoM games, I've thrown something like D1R1S2 on my advanced pistol. This time around, I found one reload mod and then threw on three damage mods in Hell's Armory, but couldn't throw on a speed mod or anything else. I was under the assumption that "the weapon you're holding is already maximized with this mod!" meant that a particular kind of weapon had a limit of, say, two speed mods, one damage mod, and one reload mod for an advanced pistol, but now it seems as though it's just a limit of four mods and I have to pick and choose to get the best possible deal out of it. Is this correct?

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
Re: Weapon mod question?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:18 »

Yep.))
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 10:31 »

If you want to put in another four, take a Whizkid advanced trait (it needs Finesse (2)).

commodorejohn

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 11:09 »

Oh, now that would be worth it. I'll have to give that a try next time around.

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:33 »

Frankly, I feel anything higher than Whizkid 1 for an AoMr game is nearly pointless; you won't need speed mods with Fin 2 and SoG 3 past the first (the traits knock your firing speed down to 2 turns from 10, and the speed mod knocks it down to one turn, the lowest possible amount of time *any* action can take), and magazine mods aren't really necessary either with the way your gun turns into an Uzi.  Of course, the ideal 3D3R1S1M isn't reachable *every* game, and by the time you hit 8 mods you've technically got things nearly beat anyway, so it's not like you need to worry about it too much if you go for WK 2... :)
Pages: [1]