Chaosforge Forum

• May 12, 2024, 17:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: mm.. ChaosforgeRL ?  (Read 3595 times)

Daqin

mm.. ChaosforgeRL ?
« on: November 30, 2007, 23:08 »

Long ago, hidden somewhere far away, or deep, was great forge created and named Chaosforge, sit of great chaos-smith Cornellius. Many marvelous items were created there which were used by many worldly kings. In time these these kingdoms passed and the items become lost. Last known were Sword of Doom, Berserk Axe, and Diablo Horn, some sources say there was also Alien Weapon of unknown purpose. No one knows where these and other are, or if Chaosforge still exists. But the time has come to find out because no other things can defeat great enemy that has appeared.. blah, blah..

Well, trying to give you inspiration.

Maybe SamuraiRL ? I don't know if you know stories of Miyamoto Musashi or Zatoichi. You and your sword..

Or WitcherRL (WiedzminRL).. personally I would really like this one.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 23:14 by Daqin »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: mm.. ChaosforgeRL ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:27 »

*giggles*

Well, I guess a Chaos Forge could be found in Darkness :).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Daqin

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 23:05 »

:)

Well , I was thinking of secret of a good RL game and came to some conclusion.
For example, ADOM was very succesful and when I think of it I believe the key was world map, places to visit and some story. It had average game mechanics, so that couldn't be real factor. On the other hand Dungeon Crawl: excellent mechanics, however it looks to me more like game engine than actuall game. I think if to fuse these two aspects together it could result in very nice RL.
That's why I was trying to inspire you into making up some bigger story.. ;)

Well, I guess a Chaos Forge could be found in Darkness :).
Hard to find anything there. Especially the exit. You can think you found it and then fall in again, and again..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:02 by Daqin »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 11:36 »

I believe Darkness would be the roguelike you'd like to see. Although there are no plans for a overworld, the plot and complexity is planned "well-enough".
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Daqin

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:13 »

Do you mean you are making Darkness RL with big plot, character dialogues, puzzles, lots of NPC's, strange and mystical areas, and lots of light to brighten the darkness ?? :O
Pages: [1]