Chaosforge Forum

• June 16, 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: allright the barrels are pissing me off allready!  (Read 1745 times)

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
allright the barrels are pissing me off allready!
« on: April 05, 2008, 19:59 »

every stage i go, hallways and rooms full of healthpacks are filled with stupid barrel, then some chaingun guy or imp shoots at me, misses and blows the whole room up!

can u moderate the barrel ratio? i mean sure a couple on each level aint bad but really, filling it up with barrels is stupid...

also monsters destroying items, please! im fighting bunch of monsters at the armory and i end up emptying the rooms... let them pick it and all that but destroyable items are really annoying...

barrel explosion switch? come on... we all have a "dont touch the switches till done with the stage"
but how about changing it so that its not so frustrating?

Papachabre

• Private FC
  • I save like Jesus.
    • View Profile
Re: allright the barrels are pissing me off allready!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:36 »

Well I agree and also disagree.  I don't have a problem with the barrels because there really aren't too many in my games, and they are usually avoidable.  However I hate it when I enter a level that possibly contains a unique, I tiptoe around trying really hard not to blow any barrels up for fear that it will destroy the unique, and I open a door with a barrel and a shotgun-wielding zombie on the other side.  Boom.  Usually it sets off a chain reaction and I never know for sure whether or not there was ever even a unique in the level because I can't find one after it's been cleared.

I think that maybe it should be harder for items (or at least uniques) to be destroyed and also that barrels should explode once instead of multiple times.  Otherwise I'd say leave them alone.  After all, all that spilled acid on the floor had to have come from somewhere, right?
Pages: [1]