Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 17:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Pistol  (Read 2223 times)

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
New Pistol
« on: June 27, 2008, 15:59 »

Name: Omega Pistol
Clip size: 20 (10mm)
Damage: 32x1 (20 round shots)
Comments: this is a MotherF#!%er! the real balancer here is, like the BFG, it uses HELLA ammo. unlike any other weapon, it does a gaurenteed amount of damage. the ammo use makes it bad for most builds, only a chaingun/pistol build could use it properly, and its 1 shot function makes it unusable for dual pistollers. best as the secondary for a chaingun... also, maybe add a size 1 blast effect... btw this thing is sopposed to fire Omega-Charged bullets, Omega particles have enough energy inside them to power a star through 9 billon lifetimes and STILL barely drain it. too much power, in fact. they "leak" RAW power. not matter or energy, just power. don't f@$# with raw power, cuz any matter or energy that gets too close to an Omega Particle.... is obliterated. but some materials can be CAREFULLY "Charged" with omega energies, allowing for the same effect... temporarily. the only way to contain an omega particle is with force, ie magnetism, gravity, etc.... a LOT of force. the pistol uses an "Omega Reactor" to power itself. though, a true omega pistol never needs reloading, and fires pure bolts of omega energy... oh well, thats a bit TOO powerful for DoomRL... lol

Vestin

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: New Pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 17:03 »

1* Use paragraphs. Makes reading easier.
2* Don't use the "train of thought" - make your mind up BEFORE writing/posting. Saves us a LOT of work trying to get the point.
3* That's a RFF and thus should be posted there.
4* If it sounds too powerful - why not ditch the name (or even the concept) ?
5* Either sci-fi or true science - we don't care as long as it works. It's not a universal truth but if we're talking about a gun in a game - we care more about the stats, uses, strengths, weaknesses and limitations. You know - outside the box. The fluff text and the back story is of minimum priority.
6* It's nothing personal - just my thoughts intended to make reciprocal comunication easier. Don't get mad - if I'm wrong, just show me how.

RepoRipper

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: New Pistol
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:04 »

1. ill try that next time
2. sorry, im just tossing out the variations so ppl dont have to clutter up the thread with obvious stuff
3. whoops... i was in this thread and had this thought.... oops.
4. the name is half of the point.
5. the science stuff is sci-fi, actually from my stories, but its pretty simple, and its there to give background of WHY the gun does what it does.
6. no prob
Pages: [1]