Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 10:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Armor Mod: Armor Regeneration  (Read 7390 times)

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Mod: Armor Regeneration
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 05:02 »

my issue is that these items will be competing with weapons and armor for the RNG's attention. Though they're not really bad ideas(except for the one that turns a plazzie or BFG into its unique counterpart), well...i'm running out of argument. I'd still rather have a railgun.

That's certainly a problem, but for me it's one that already exists due to the other weapons and armor.  Right now, on a regular run, I skip about a third of the unique weapons and use another third only in narrow circumstances.  I plan a run around not finding a useful artifact.  Anyway, I see two solutions: add these as uniques but bias the unique generation according to a player's skill picks (pistols for SoG, shotguns for RL, etc.), or make unique consumable generation a separate probability.  Say, every time there's a supercharge (barring special levels) there's a 1% chance it's the unique portable one, or every time there's a computer map there's an 0.1% chance it's the blood-spattered datacard, rather than using whatever generates the permanent uniques.

wait a minute...wouldn't need to make a special thermie at all, really. if you're willing to use your (most likely) only nuke on a given level just before you run down the stairs, giving up on all the loot on that level(because you wouldn't use the nuke this way unless you were totally outmatched or just in a damn hurry), i think it would be ok to get the experience for all those kills. it's sort of a fair trade. maybe half xp.

That was the idea of dropping the nuke down the stairs.  You get experience, but destroy all loot.  And wouldn't it suck to see the message, "He nuked the Necroarmor on Level 23 without ever setting eyes on it!" after dying on 24?  Also, the pertinent challenge games would presumably bar that action.

Blade

• Tester
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • Upyachka
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 09:24 »

That was the idea of dropping the nuke down the stairs.  You get experience, but destroy all loot.  And wouldn't it suck to see the message, "He nuked the Necroarmor on Level 23 without ever setting eyes on it!" after dying on 24?  Also, the pertinent challenge games would presumably bar that action.

Levels are generated only when you enter them, not at the start of the game.

And, you know, nuke is not a little rubber ball... All those ideas with throwing it forth and back... i don't like them.
Low orbit ion cannon damaged my brain!!1
Now i'm an idiot!1 Kill me, somebody!!11

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 09:40 »

At this point I'm just debating so that all points are addressed.  I don't have much interest in the idea, otherwise. :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All