Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 20:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Juggler trait to allow dual wielding melee  (Read 2325 times)

Deathpenalty

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Juggler trait to allow dual wielding melee
« on: January 09, 2009, 22:09 »

Trait description says it automatically uses a melee weapon in prepared slot. Perhaps allowing a player to be able to uses two melee weapons for a double-attack would be a good idea? Maybe a second level of Juggler could be implemented to allow this?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 22:16 by Deathpenalty »

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Juggler trait to allow dual wielding melee
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 05:50 »

It seems like a decent idea (and not overpowered, since you have only one each of the chainsaw and LS), but not for the Juggler trait, since Finesse isn't particularly useful for the melee build.  Maybe have a "Dual Wielder" which works like Dualgunner, but whose requirements are Brute(3) and Berserker(1).

Come to think of it, that would make a melee Ao100 game slightly less impossible.

Jarkko

• Sergeant
  • P4P GOAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 18:27 »

I don't like this, but if it were to be added I'd like the prereq's to be something other than the melee-line, as I think that's too straightforward and it wouldn't make you think about which traits to choose.

Maybe Badass should be the requirement? Because you know, hacking hellspawn to bits with a chainsaw in one hand and the butcher's cleaver in the other hand is pretty badass.

myuzinn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 21:40 »

Quote from: Anarchic Fox
Come to think of it, that would make a melee Ao100 game slightly less impossible.
I was under the impression that the difficulty factor in a melee Ao100 wouldn't be from lack of dealt damage so much as a surplus of incoming damage, from having to close in on everything. A melee'er with all the relevent traits deals enough damage to down lesser creatures in one hit, and the bigger ones not much longer than that.

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:02 »

I was under the impression that the difficulty factor in a melee Ao100 wouldn't be from lack of dealt damage so much as a surplus of incoming damage, from having to close in on everything. A melee'er with all the relevent traits deals enough damage to down lesser creatures in one hit, and the bigger ones not much longer than that.

Yeah, you're right.  I came to a similar conclusion in the other thread, after some thought.  However, for Ao100 you might be unlucky enough to miss the chainsaw, Dragonslaver and Butcher's Cleaver outright.
Pages: [1]